Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had my review

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Just had my review

Crikey 😳

My contract comes up for renewal mid March. I have just had the Plusnet review of my account. When I first got broadband with F9, I was on a 5GB pm account. Now with higher speeds and streaming, unlimited accounts seem to be a must have (especially as the usage monitor has now been taken away). Anyway, my usage over the last 16 months has been:

review.png

On another note, my new offer up until last night was £28.99pm (same as now). Today the price has dropped to £26.99. I wonder if I hold out if it will go up or down?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Just had my review

Nice, now that's a lot of usage. Averages out at 2TB per month. Thumbs_Up

Difficult to say whether the next offer will be better or worse than the one we've made today. Bit of a mystery I'd say. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Not sure where all that usage is coming from? I used to monitor it with the usage meter and flinched when it used to go above 100GB pm. I do have gamer in the house, not sure if game updates take large amounts of use, but I did notice my satnav update last weeks was over 8.5GB!! There is a bit of Netflix on the go as well as some iPlayer and other catch up. I can't imagine the usage going down now, but it does seem to be an eye watering amount.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

HI @Marksfish

It's worth noting that gaming online (in addition to streaming) will add usage on quite quickly - game updates can regularly weight in at 30-40gb particularly for new games. Developers have an annoying habit of dropping "Day 1 patches" which essentially patch an entire game in one go and this quickly adds up.

2TB a month is a fair amount of data, but it's not unusual - particularly with multiple devices/family members in the same household.

Best of luck with the recontract!

Dave