cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joomla site broken after update. (EDIT: NOT RELATED TO UPDATE)

tonycollinet
Grafter

Joomla site broken after update. (EDIT: NOT RELATED TO UPDATE)

After the upgrade to the cgi, I could only get my joomla site back up, by renaming the php.ini to php.ini.old (ie disabling it completely)
This makes the site work from a user perspective, but I cannot get into the adminstrator section.

If I re-enable php.ini, the site does not work at all, I get the following:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_fca9a30eeff109b5311f2ea1fbc32b52, O_RDWR) failed: File too large (27) in /share/storage/01/co/collinet/hmc/offline.php on line 25
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /share/storage/01/co/collinet/hmc/offline.php:25) in /share/storage/01/co/collinet/hmc/offline.php on line 25
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /share/storage/01/co/collinet/hmc/offline.php:25) in /share/storage/01/co/collinet/hmc/offline.php on line 25

This site is temporarily unavailable.
Maintenance ongoing - please check later.
Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_fca9a30eeff109b5311f2ea1fbc32b52, O_RDWR) failed: File too large (27) in Unknown on line 0
Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Not very familiar with PHP I'm afraid, so am a bit lost on where to go from here. Any help appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9
tonycollinet
Grafter

Re: Joomla site broken after update.

OK
By a process of trial and error  Roll_eyes (copying one section of php.ini at a time until the problem came back) I have found the line in php.ini that was completely breaking the site. It is:
extension_dir = "./"

(any ideas why the CCGI upgrade would cause this line to break the site?)
So I now have the complete php.ini back in place, but with this line commented out. However, I still can't get at the administrator section. When I try and logon to the admin page, a get a flash of error messages (which I can't read or capture) then back to the logon screen. I am sure the user/password is correct, becuase if I change them, I get the usual password error screen.

Again, thanks for any support.

EDIT: I have just realised - since the upgrade, I have been able to get into the admin section, so it is not related to the upgrade (I used it to add "Maintenance ongoing" to the error message posted above.
So to summarise:
Just after the upgrade, I disabbled php.ini, and could then use the site, and access the admin page.
Today I could not access the admin page, with or without PHP.ini.
Today, after commenting out the offending line in php.ini, the site works with PHP.ini, but I still cannot access the admin page.

Has anything else changed on the system which could prevent access to the admin page?Huh
Thanks again.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Re: Joomla site broken after update.

Seems also to be related to this thread
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84853.0.html
Error message is the same.
What has plusnet been doing to the platform to cause this to start happening in the last couple of days?
Gabe
Grafter

Re: Joomla site broken after update. (EDIT: NOT RELATED TO UPDATE)

Yes, that's the /tmp all choked up. Something may have gone loopy, because there seem to be really quite a lot of files in there.
The Debian default for sessions is /var/lib/php5, but Plusnet didn't have that in the share, so it was rather hit and miss. They switched to using /tmp and now it's more miss and miss. They did say they would investigate adding /var/lib/php5 to the share, as using /tmp for sessions could lead to recurring problems.
Meanwhile, you can add your own sessions folder to your site and point the session.save_path in your php.ini to /share/storage/0X/wh/whatever/folder
You can get the path if you place a
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

info.php next to your php.ini, chmod 700 and call in browser, then look at the Loaded Configuration File.
Re the other problem, the correct extension_dir is given in the php.ini linked from the faq.
Gabe
tonycollinet
Grafter

Gabe.
You are a star. I'll check those things out. Virtual BEER headed your way.
Tonyr

You may like to look at  subject
Sessions Problem since CGI upgrade
Tony
netman
Grafter

Gabe
I was informed that you are the expert on PHP
How I can resolve my issues on my website when it comes to PHP and security images on submit forms. All was working well before the upgrade and now not at all. I have one security image written in PHP4 script and one in PHP5
script. Neither of which work. Tested on my local server at home (all OK). It's driving me nuts as searching through the web (internet) I keep coming back to the same point and I know the code is correct.
www.netman.plus.com/contact.html for example
netman
Grafter

I have now sorted the images out.... BUT  Undecided Now I am getting
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_969d840111980f2fef63523d53a13b3a, O_RDWR) failed: File too large (27) in /share/storage/03/ne/netman/cgi-bin/contact/sendmail.php on line 2
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /share/storage/03/ne/netman/cgi-bin/contact/sendmail.php:2) in /share/storage/03/ne/netman/cgi-bin/contact/sendmail.php on line 2
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /share/storage/03/ne/netman/cgi-bin/contact/sendmail.php:2) in /share/storage/03/ne/netman/cgi-bin/contact/sendmail.php on line 2
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /share/storage/03/ne/netman/cgi-bin/contact/sendmail.php:2) in /share/storage/03/ne/netman/cgi-bin/contact/sendmail.php on line 62
Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_969d840111980f2fef63523d53a13b3a, O_RDWR) failed: File too large (27) in Unknown on line 0
Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Any ideas what this is all about?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Yes, the opening post in this topic lists very much the same warnings that you have. Replies #3 and #5 are relevant, and heading where reply #5 suggested should help you fix this.
David
SkySurfer
Dabbler

Hi Netman,
I too was suffering from this problem and have now sorted it with help from Tonyr.
Check out this thread towards the bottom and you should find out everything you need Smiley
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84853.0.html