cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joomla 1.5 FTP and Permissions Problems

sophos9
Grafter

Joomla 1.5 FTP and Permissions Problems

Hi all, just upgraded to 1.5.3 and having a couple of problems.
First is FTP access via the backend, could someone tell me what the FTP root and FTP hostname is please.
Also, I cannot upload any new templates/modules etc, no error messages or anything, guessing a permissions problem although all folders are 755
Any help please?  Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
Prod_Man
Grafter

Re: Joomla 1.5 FTP and Permissions Problems

OK, eum...
The paths are the mounted FS Paths, along the lines of this format (or something):
/share/storage/XX/i/username/
i = 1st 2 letters of your username.
XX could be 01,02,03,04 - I am assume this is server storage space divided out.
The real path is completely different. (/files/homeX/username)
Hostname: ccgi.isp.ext
Example: ccgi.plus.net, ccgi.f9.co.uk or which ever provider you are with.
My schools website uses Joomla, and it took them a while to get templates/modules to work properly,
with incorrect alignment/display and not even showing on the Admin Panel/Backend (and what not).
I'd personally drop FTP like a smelly nappy.
But if it works for you then fair do, it does the job.
I can suggest an alternative method of Transfer if FTP still fails to be effective.
Hope something here helps Roll_eyes
Jim,
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Re: Joomla 1.5 FTP and Permissions Problems

Quote from: sophos9
Hi all, just upgraded to 1.5.3 and having a couple of problems.
First is FTP access via the backend, could someone tell me what the FTP root and FTP hostname is please.
Also, I cannot upload any new templates/modules etc, no error messages or anything, guessing a permissions problem although all folders are 755
Any help please?  Smiley

I'm led to believe that cshell.plus.net (in the advanced pull down where 127.??.??.?? IP is) is what you put in Joomla 1.5 then put /yourfolderwherejoomlais/ in the path. click verify path to show whether correct or not.
However, when J1.5.3 accepts all this info I still get problems until I switch the FTP off on Global config then everything uploads fine.