cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jooma & mutliple hosting

archstanton

Jooma & mutliple hosting

Hi,
A few years ago, I deployed joomla to my webspace which worked quite nicely for the experiment I was trialling.
Assuming it is still possible, is there a guide anywhere on how to install (from scratch with easy steps) joomla 2.5 (or later) to plusnet webspace?
Also, is it possible to simultaneously host something like coppermine / phpBB in the same "space" as joomla (I assume you have to create separate sql databases)?
Or, I have a turnkey lamp server running on virtualbox. Is it easier to somehow get Joomla/etc running on that then transfer it to the plusnet webspace? Is that possible?
Thanks,
Arch
1 REPLY 1
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Jooma & mutliple hosting

Unfortunately the version of MySQL on Plusnet CCGI is still version 4.1.11 which is supported only up to Joomla version 1.5.x.
It is possible to host different packages (or more than one instance of the same one) in different folders. Only one MySQL database is provided but by using different table prefixes (packages are normally configured like that by default) table-name clashes are avoided.
Topics in this forum normally provide such guidance as there is for installation.
David
David