Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining Plusnet from dual suppliers

FIXED
ringring
Dabbler

Joining Plusnet from dual suppliers

Hi.

I currently have broadband with Sky (in my name) and landline with BT (in my dad's name) both on the same phone line. Do you envisage any problems in transferring both services to Plusnet into a single account in my dad's name, or is this a straightforward process (presumably not that uncommon)?

ringring

16 REPLIES 16
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Joining Plusnet from dual suppliers

Fix

Hi there, thanks for your interest in Plusnet. 

If your Dad places an order for both a phone and broadband service from us in his name, we’ll take over the BT line providing broadband on it which will notify BT and Sky of the intent to cancel.

So there shouldn’t be any difference compared to if we’re taking over a phone line and broadband service that’s with the same provider. 

Once your Dad has signed up and we’ve placed the order with our suppliers, your Dad/you should get an email from BT and Sky confirming this. 

Let us know if you’ve got any further queries. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ringring
Dabbler

Thanks.

Order now placed.

Hopefully all will go smoothly.

ringring

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sounds good, fingers crossed.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ringring
Dabbler

Signed up on 25/11/19 and ticked the box to say I needed a Plusnet hub, but nothing's turned up to date.

Plusnet help section states:

"We'll post your router a few days before your activation date, and it will arrive in time for you to use your broadband.

If your activation date has passed and you haven't received your router, contact us.

Please note, we're unable to track your router delivery, and cannot give you an exact delivery time."

Was originally given a switch over date of 9/12/19 but has since been put back to 12/12/19 so hopefully it turns up before then.

ringring

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @ringring

Could you pop me your username across via a PM and I'll see what's happening with your router?

Cheers

Dave

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @ringring

Thanks for the PM - I've checked in on this one and all is well - you'll have the router before your amended go-live date.

Best wishes

Dave

ringring
Dabbler

Thanks Dave.

I've just received an email confirming my hardware order saying "

We'll email you again to confirm when your order has shipped

Delivery will take 3-5 working days from dispatch

"

If it's sent out on Monday, it could be tight as to whether it will arrive in time for the planned switchover on Thursday, but fingers crossed. I've still got my old router so hopefully that will continue to work after the switchover if necessary.

ringring.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yeah, that was me manually triggering the router for you Smiley

Although the timescale is 3-5 working days, I would genuinely expect you to receive this in time.

Any problems, just let us know.

Take care

Dave

ringring
Dabbler

Well my router's arrived and switchover date is today. My old broadband has been switched off and I'm waiting on a text message from Plusnet to say I'm good to go. The original text said it would be active by midnight on 13/12/19 so does that mean midnight tonight or tomorrow night?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

It means midnight tonight

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ringring
Dabbler

Yeah I assumed it would be happening some time today so it's just a waiting game for now. Hopefully it will go active soon.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, the order hasn't completed yet but I'll check on that again in a couple of hour's time for you. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ringring
Dabbler

Had hoped it would be active by now but still waiting on notification. Such a pain being without the internet all day and is likely the main reason that people are put off switching ISP.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I understand, I'm glad to see it went live about an hour ago but please do shout up if you encounter any issues. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team