Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java script not working

juliasdream
Grafter

Java script not working

I have set up a xhtml / css website using a free template to get it started
I have tried various means to set up a counter and webstats without success. I also need to include an online form in order to avoid spammers picking up my email address
I'm told I need to set up javerscript through my hosting provider which is plusnet
Can anyone advise?
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Java script not working

You cannot run scripts from the homepages server.
Unless you have ages old legacy product features, PlusNet do not offer a cgi platform (any longer).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

decomplexity
Rising Star

Re: Java script not working

To elaborate Townman's reply, the webspace offered by PN was formerly available to all subscribers and included both what PN call 'Home pages' space (essentially HTML and Javascript) and CGI space (which was provided on separate servers and supported active page scripts written in PHP, Perl and so on). In 2013 (?), webspace was removed from new domestic packages and CGI space was removed from new business packages.
Counters, Contact Us forms and the like need CGI scripts (not Javascript) and counters also need access to a database (although there are crude ways round this).
It is unclear what package original poster subscribes to, but unless OP is a long-term PN account holder, PHP scripts or database access will not, as Townman says, be available.
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017