I am using

• Adblock Plus v2.9.1
  • Firefox v55.0.2
  • macOS Sierra v10.12.6 

and on visiting this page:

https://www.plus.net/help/chat/

I get shown this message:

Chat Disabled!
Which is odd considering that it’s disabled for community.plus.net and plus.net, does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Adblock Status on plus.net

43 REPLIES 43
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Issue with Plusnet Chat and my Adblocker

@Anonymous i have Ublock origin and Firefox 54.0.1     and its enabled   get this

chat.PNG

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that @rongtw, but that’s treating the symptom not the cause, and I won’t be the only one using this extension so I shouldn't be expected to change blocker just to use chat! Something could be wrong with the code for it to think I have it enabled, but as I don’t know how that bit works but would be interested to find out.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

May be a silly question @Anonymous, but did you disable for both HTTP and HTTPS variants of www.plus.net?

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Anonymous  yes , i would say most prople would use the Adblock or Adblock plus , but strange how it works for some .

I only use the Ublock origin because it works better on my local paper and i dont get the warning banner Smiley

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Anonymous  That`s an interesting linky you have there.... I have been checking out "Live Chat" after reading your post.... by using the "Contact us" at the top right of the pages..... after going through the list eventually getting down past "Lets get you started"... it states..

Chat to us online

Online chat is currently unavailable

please choose another option

[Start chat]    ( greyed out ) ...

What is Plusnet playing at    ? ? 

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Hi @shutter  I think that the best answer you'll get is here

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Moved to Everything Else as it isn't a Community Site issue.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

shutter
Community Veteran

@MavSurely,"  Live Chat "... IS a community site....and threads about it should be on the "Community Site Feedback"  

shutter
Community Veteran

@MauriceC Messing around with this is not getting anywhere.... @Mav moved my original thread, to "everything else"...from "Community site feedback". it got lost along the way... it was then moved to "Plusnet Feedback"... so it`s just getting passed around, until (hopefully) it disappears,...

If Live Chat is a "community site  service"... then it should come under "community site feedback"

Mav

@shutter

I think we have had this discussion before; Community Site Feedback is feedback regarding these forums (how they look, errors and improvements, etc) and not the main Plusnet site in which Live Chat is a part.

This thread is about an issue with software and Live Chat within the main Plusnet site so fits in with the Everything Else scenario.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

shutter
Community Veteran

@Anonymous  Further to your problem... showing "Live Chat" may be busy... been trying to access it since Wednesday... see other thread on this subject...   Just tried your linky... which looks good to go...

however..

when you click on "Join Queue"   this is what you get..

Sorry a Plusnet chat agent isn’t available at the minute,

please refresh the page to try again.

Chat is available 7 days a week from 7.30am – 10pm.

Outside of these times, or if you want to talk about moving

or faults, call us free of charge on 0800 023 2221

or 0330 123 9123 from a mobile

Which means the LIVE CHAT  is still DISABLED by Plusnet... so that the "live chat" staff can have a quiet weekend at home with their families.... before coming back to work on Monday..

. to help with the overloaded phone queue`s due to Live Chat being DISABLED....

Perhaps this is the way of things.... but it certainly isn`t "Award winning customer service"   in the "normal " way of reading that.....

Dr. Beeching did something similar with the railways.....  

branch line trains were cancelled,...

customer demand fell off... due to "unreliable service"

and then the branch lines were closed.....

Plusnet trying it on  ? ? ?   

shutter
Community Veteran

@Mav

@Mav wrote:

@shutter

This thread is about an issue with software and Live Chat within the main Plusnet site so fits in with the Everything Else scenario.

This thread is about the failure of a service to the community....

therefore it should be either on "Plus Net FEEDBACK... which is generally the "face" of Plusnet.... ( lets air the dirty washing  in public )...

OR 

it should be on the "Community site feedback"... where the problem can be discussed  and hopefully fixed, without too much "bad press" appearing on the "Plusnet"  Feedback pages.

As it happens.... this is NOT about a software issue,... it is about a "staffing" issue.... Where someone in the hierachy of Plusnet, has made a decision, to pull the plug on Live Chat... and use the staff from the "live chat" room to assist the phone staff to cope with the increased volume of calls, in an effort to reduce the number  and call waiting times..... This happened on Wednesday last week.... and (presumably) was intended to be a "short term measure"...

However... Late on FRIDAY afternoon... I checked the phone waiting time on the statistics, and it showed just over 2 mins waiting time ...

At that point.. ( or before ). Live chat personnel should have been re-directed back to their "proper" jobs, and Live Chat re-activated...  It transpires that my prediction  ( in my other post ) that Live Chat would not be available ALL weekend, has come true...

Due to Live Chat being "unavailable"... Please choose another option...  

the only one being to Phone up....   

the average time waiting  today....  SUNDAY      has been in excess of 28 minutes... 

I hate to think what it will be like on Monday....... any guesses  ? ?  

MauriceC
Resting Legend

@shutter wrote:

@MavSurely,"  Live Chat "... IS a community site....and threads about it should be on the "Community Site Feedback"  

Not really.  It's a separate plusnet service linked via the Community site - much like the Member site is a separate site.

M

Edit:  Missed the previous few posts whilst replying to another threadEmbarrassed

Hopefully we can get a clearer picture tomorrow as to what is happening.  I will be chasing this.

Mav

shutter wrote:

This thread is about the failure of a service to the community....

therefore it should be either on "Plus Net FEEDBACK... which is generally the "face" of Plusnet.... ( lets air the dirty washing  in public )...

@shutter

I respectfully suggest you reread the OP.

Issues regarding the Chat Service itself and staffing should be posted here which is in Plusnet Feedback.