cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to e-mail Plusnet?

philipp191

Is there anyway to e-mail Plusnet?

I can't seem to get thru to these guys without waiting ages on the phone. Then they are unable to fix the problem. It so frustrating. So if anyone has an email address direct to someone who will answer it would be appreciated.

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Is there anyway to e-mail Plusnet?

@philipp191  No you cannot get intouch with Plusnet via email... however, you can "live chat"

https://www.plus.net/help/chat/

Good luck.. ( on there, you should be able to see what number you are in the queue... which is better than hanging on the phone... and usually quicker too ! 

philipp191

Hi Shutter,

Thanks for the reply. I know of the chat but you  don't have the time to explain a complicated problem such as not being able to log on to the internet for various reasons nor to make a complaint in the depth you need to to provoke some response. Also 'Chat' isn't available 24-7.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

To be honest there philip you're better off not bothering with them on the phone going by my past experiences. Staff get things wrong, quote the wrong info / prices and when you come back to PN about it, there is no record of it at all on their side and so you can go and whistle.

If you use their live chat then you should be able to save it (with that said i've not checked). You could always use wireshark to record the raw data packets in the worst case scenario. It also gives the person on the other end more time to look into your issue as they don't need to give an instant verbal reply as they would on the phone.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
shutter
Community Veteran

There is no time limit on chat....  so you can explain things many times... if the chat operator ( there are male and female operators) cannot help...you can ask them to get a more senior person/supervisor to come to chat.

All chat is recorded... and at the end of the chat, you can opt for a email copy of the whole chat session.. that way, if you talked the operator in to cancelling your direct debit,... and give you five years free broadband, and 10 years free phone calls..you have a copy of it...but if they said that on the phone,..you would not have any confirmation of that call.

the other alternative, if you think it is worth it, is to write a personal letter and mail it...

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Live chat is your best bet, emails even if you have an address are often a complete waste of time and if you are lucky enough to get a reply they often comes from 'donotreply@xample.com'.

Phone calls I have neither the time or patience for, especially at my time of life - and if I ever get to meet Antonio Vivaldi or the person who wrote Greensleeves, I'll punch 'em in the stomach!   

Grrr

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
alanf
Aspiring Pro

@shutter wrote:

There is no time limit on chat.... 

The last time I used it there was a time limit in which to complete typing a message. While carefully typing / editing a detailed description of a problem a time-out occurred and I had to start a new chat session and type the entire message again. I learned the hard way that it is best to prepare the initial message in something like Notepad and copy and paste it into the initial message of the Chat conversation..

Minivanman
Legend

Good tip that, it's just what I ended up doing Thumbs_Up 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
shutter
Community Veteran

@alanf I have never had a time out, during a live chat... however, I do prepare my "opening statement" as you suggest,,  it gets your message across to the chat operator much more clearly, and you have time to "think it through" so you get timelines etc in the correct order.

Once you have got your contact, then it is generally one or two lines to clarify any points the live chat person doesn`t quite understand.

Minivanman
Legend

Maybe not time out as such @alanf but a few times the conversation I had been having just ended, which meant going to the back of the queue and starting over again. Very annoying of course

Herman Melville
shutter
Community Veteran

Yeah, happened to me once, probably first time I used it... but it was due to a disconnection...  ( sky tech messing with the box at the end of the road, maybe..... )..

Another good reason to have your "Opening Statement" pre-prepared... so you can use it again if it does happen...

twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Maybe send emails to "support@plus.net", I'm sure they must have a mailbox set up for that on their mail servers, and if enough people send messages to that particular email address, and people complain about lack of answers from that address here on the forum, they might take the hint and use it as a means of support... Smiley

alanf
Aspiring Pro

@Minivanman wrote:

Maybe not time out as such @alanf but a few times the conversation I had been having just ended,...

A good point. I perceived it as a time out but it could be that there is no fixed time allowed. Perhaps an agent can have only so many connections open and they terminated my connection in order to deal with someone else. I was typing at the time of disconnection but perhaps the agent could not see that. There was no message to explain the disconnection so I will never know.