cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway in which I can report a fault on my broadband ......

loades
Dabbler

Is there anyway in which I can report a fault on my broadband ......

...... other than continue to hear about the exceptionally high call volumes, we'll answer your call as soon as possible etc?  Is there an e-mail address I can log the fault at?  Maybe a letter with a stamp on it is the only way, I really can't spend more time just listening to music interspersed with platitudes.  The fault is dead simple to report - it's the same fault as was 'cured' 14 days ago and is now closed.  The connection drops around 10 times day, the re-connection can be anything from 70Mbs to 20Mbs (FTTC)

9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Is there anyway in which I can report a fault on my broadband ......

watsonm
Grafter

I am also getting fed up of listening to this.  All I want to do is book a BT engineer to come and change the master socket.  I know I will need to pay and BT says talk to your ISP.  IS there a simpler way of doing this rather than being told there is a 30minute wait and listening to mindless music...

Cheers Mike

Plusnet Fibre 80/20 Netgear R7000 and Netgear DM200
Plusnet customer since 2002
Plusnet Mobile since 2017
watsonm
Grafter

Got through after 40 minutes....

Plusnet Fibre 80/20 Netgear R7000 and Netgear DM200
Plusnet customer since 2002
Plusnet Mobile since 2017
loades
Dabbler

The link Oldjim provided eventually let me report the fault (thanks, Oldjim) but I still can't see any link to the page in the My Account area.  It seems you have to know the link.  I was sceptical when I opened the page, it seemed like all it wanted to do was tell you how to suck eggs, but suddenly at the end it said it was reporting the fault.  However, I would have expected an automated e-mail acknowledging the report and a little detail about what happens next.  But no such email has arrived, nor a 'phone call to any of the numbers they asked for.  Now I'm not convinced that the problem is logged 😞

The inabilityto ask a support question or log a fault via a ticketing system seems to be sadly lacking.  I can't think of any other tech company that does not offer support via tickets.  I guess that's the price for paying a lower price? Maybe Zen isn't so dear considering what you get, time to have another look at them.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Have you looked at the My Questions section?

Oldjim
Resting Legend

it all starts with Help and Support and eventually you get to where my link took you

loades
Dabbler

No.  But, yes your link works.  Where does it appear on a menu which should be the obvious place to find it?

loades
Dabbler

Thanks again, Oldjim.  I'd been to Help & Support yesterday but there was no obvious direct link there to report anything.  I've been back again and found it, but it's very deeply hidden.  From the Help page you must click Broadband then Broadband Issues and how to fix them.  Only when you've gone through all the 'suck eggs' stuff and click on Check if you've fixed the problem does it then give a link to Broadband Troubleshooter at the end of which the fault gets logged.  That is not user friendly!

Oldjim
Resting Legend

EDIT - you found it quicker than I could type but the reason for the convoluted route is to avoid dumping the problem onto Plusnet/BT when the problem is in your property and you could get charged for a callout

Help and Support at the top

then Broadband

then Troubleshooting Broadband Issues

then Broadband Problems and how to fix them

then after the checks - Check if you fixed the problem

gives a link to the Broadband Troubleshooter

2017-03-10_114953.jpg