cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a DNS or general PN netwk problem today (Tue 12 Nov 2019) ?

skck
Dabbler

Re: Is there a DNS or general PN netwk problem today (Tue 12 Nov 2019) ?

Definitely not quite right at the moment. Swapped out to Google DNS 8.8.8.8 on local machine and improvement.

Does appear to be better manually entering 212.159.13.49 on local machine instead.

Not consistent problem, comes and goes.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@alandamore Those DNS servers are also fine to use as we have multiple servers for use. 

@westcroft I wouldn't worry too much about the traceroute stopping after hop 4 as it's likely Google has configured most of their servers to not respond to pings. I've looked into your account and I think I can see the cause of your issue. I've carried out some work on your account which should fix this. Can you try it again?

@skck It's interesting that you don't see the same issues when you set it to ours manually as this suggests an issue with the DNS side of the router. Can you try the below in a command prompt when the issue next happens?

nslookup bbc.co.uk 192.168.1.254

nslookup bbc.co.uk 212.159.6.10

Let us know if either of those passes or fail

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
westcroft

Matthew,

Thanks, whatever you have changed it's done the trick!

Traceroute, on 8.8.8.8 works now, I could have used the bbc site as an example, that has not worked for a week ei

Is there any chance of putting the solution on to question #195101884 for future reference?

Thanks again for fixing the problem, I have been waiting for a call back from plus net since Thursday.

Regards

Westcroft

skck
Dabbler

All good at the moment, will try when performance changes, in the meantime, all passes:

skck
Dabbler

Internet currently virtually dead, but not DNS this time, just very slow and unresponsive. Service has been less than good lately.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@skck  if you make a thread and let us know the problem we would love to help resolve your issues. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager