cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to setup a mail rule to block emails?

electroglidekid
Dabbler

Is it possible to setup a mail rule to block emails?

Hi.. 

I was with madasafish and migrated to plusnet mail..  During the transfer I had some mail rules that I was unable to amend within the Plusnet webmail, so raised a request to have them all removed, and have been ok with that for a while.

But now I'm getting loads of spam to one of my particular email addresses at my domain. Which I am not using anymore and even though I keep reporting it as spam within the webmail it keep coming!

Can I ask for a rule to block or quarantine any email to this particular address on my account?

2 REPLIES 2
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Is it possible to setup a mail rule to block emails?

This question has been asked before and the answer seems to be no it’s not possible as there’s no mail filtering interface in Plusnet Webmail unlike the legacy and switched off Madasafish Webmail.

Plusnet email addresses are configured in manage my mail within the Plusnet account itself but Madasafish customers don’t get access to this. 

Unfortunately it looks like it’s not possible due to system limitations. 

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Is it possible to setup a mail rule to block emails?

Solution might be Mozilla Thunderbird which handles multiple email providers, stores your emails on your computer for as long as you need, and has excellent filters that are easy to use -- they must be if I can use them. You can import your contacts, emails etc with ease, and like Firefox it's free thanks to the work of devoted volunteers. I'm glad to make annual donations to each.

I found the Plusnet email so clumsy from the outset that I scrapped it and joined Fastmail, from memory basic package is under £3 per month with multiple aliases, good filtering, and no address changes when you change ISP. Works very fast, never a snag or need for support in many years.