cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone alive at Plusnet

nexen25

Is anyone alive at Plusnet

In November last year I posted the issues I was having with wireless service and the constant buffering when attempting to watch a movie on the tv. I suspected no one from Plusnet would have the courtesy to contact me over the issue and I wasn't wrong. It is now February and I am still having the issues. I have even contacted Plusnet, and having waited over another for someone to answer the phone I got someone [Removed].I attempted to contact Plusnet again today.. message says at least a 35 min wait which from experience equates to .. counting fingers and toes.. 3 weeks...so... I am going to try again... if anyone is alive at Plusnet will they contact me by telephone and sort this issue out? I'm guessing they wont but i'm a trier....

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Insult(s) removed as per Forum rules.

4 REPLIES 4
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Is anyone alive at Plusnet

@nexen25

In the thread you posted in last November @HarryB asked about the issues you were having but was no reply.

If you were to post details of the problems you are experiencing here then this thread can be moved to a more appropriate board and a member of staff can help.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

nexen25

All I want is someone to show me customer service and contact me. I do not wish to converse back and forth on this platform. It isnt difficult really.. or maybe it is for Plusnet?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Mind reading is really difficult for any company or support groups to master,

@nexen25 if you don't share what your problems are, how can you expect anyone to help you?

Does Tesco/your preferred supermarket phone you to check if you enjoyed the last can of baked beans you bought?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @nexen25 

Sorry to hear you are having service issues. 

I have even contacted Plusnet, and having waited over another for someone to answer the phone I got someone I suspect will win Moron of the Year for her disgraceful customer 'service'.

Can I ask when you called us? Nobody has accessed your account since 23rd Dec (apart from me today). 

In November last year I posted the issues I was having with wireless service and the constant buffering when attempting to watch a movie on the tv. 

Are you also noticing issues only over Wireless connections? The only reason i ask is because I have tested your circuit and can not seem to find any issues present at all. Your router is syncing at roughly 17Mbps which is within the 16-19Mbps Estimated Speed Range which our supplier has provided for your line. 

There has not been a disconnection in over 4+ days: 

This is characteristic of a healthy connection. 

It is now February and I am still having the issues. 

I believe the issues you are having are WiFi related, as my testing is not flagging any faults nor out of place stats on your line itself. WiFi is merely an optional alternate gateway to access the internet - a wired LAN (Ethernet) connection is always the primary connection method, and is the only one which can be guaranteed on both speed and stability.

There are a large number of potential reasons for slow speeds and sometimes these are difficult to track down. If you ar enot noticing issues on a Wired connection, then it's likely the problem lies between your router and your devices (which we don't have visibility of).
Unfortunately due to the way WiFi works there are a lot of environmental factors which can affect the wireless signal.

Have you tried changing the wireless channels? If not, then please follow the steps here

if anyone is alive at Plusnet will they contact me by telephone and sort this issue out? I'm guessing they wont but i'm a trier....

We can't guarantee a Phone Call off the back of a Forum thread post, however, I trust that my reply here has gone some way to alleviate any worries you may have regarding our Customer Service. 

Please let me know how you get on with the Wireless diagnostics and, once completed, give it a goof 24 hours on the new channel so that you have a decent enough comparison to the service prior/post channel change. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR