Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Plusnet finishing off Madasafich

FIXED
jorvikmik1
Fixes: 1

Is Plusnet finishing off Madasafich

I started off with a freenetname domain years ago and then it went to madasafish for the webspace and emails charged at £20 per year which I was happy with.
As a plusnet customer with a legacy account I have already lost the included voip service - paying for unlimited broadbandl and line rental with 24/7 calls I am a little upset that the ftp connection to the madasafish webspace has been off for a good few days and no indication that there is any progress or if it is to be resumed.
It would have been fine if it was possible to link to the plusnet webspace I already have but this is no longer available.
I have set up another gmail account and it looks like it will be prudent to start informing everyone in my contacts list and start changing email details for online accounts we hold.
Will I be able to transfer my domain to another host?
A major problem is that my son who is also an unlimited plusnet customer uses my plusnet account for his emails ( set up before he took out a plusnet package of his own). If I have to leave plusnet would it be possible for my user account name to replace his plusnet account on his phone line so that he could retain his same email address.

Anybody have any advice on the best way to go.

4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Is Plusnet finishing off Madasafich

@jorvikmik1 wrote:

I am a little upset that the ftp connection to the madasafish webspace has been off for a good few days and no indication that there is any progress or if it is to be resumed.

http://www.madasafish.com/support/service-status.html?action=messages&ispservice_id=webspace

If I have to leave plusnet would it be possible for my user account name to replace his plusnet account on his phone line so that he could retain his same email address.

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to transfer your username on to another account or change the account holder Undecided

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jorvikmik1

Looks like a complete change might be the way to go.

Three accounts would have to be unlimited phones and broadband, with one preferably having a fixed IP address. The 4th account is broadband only and low usage but would prefer all 4 accounts to be with the same company if possible.
The 3 unlimited accounts average about £52.00 each per month whilst the 4th is hardly used at all so just pays the £14.99 per month for broadband and could really be done away with all together.
At a quick glance talktalk looks promising whilst using gmail for emails to keep clear of uture problems

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you were to move your Plusnet broadband service elsewhere I think you could request your account be downgraded to mail only at an annual cost of around £20. That would enable your son to continue using your account for emails if that is a requirement.

David
jorvikmik1

Fix

Thanks David. That will make life easier.

Just out of interest the fault is still ongoing but I found I could access the site if I used a different broadband account which allowed me to put a link to a working site.

Maybe some others who have the same problem might like to try the same