cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Wordpress

pdidster

Installing Wordpress

I have followed every instruction I can possibly find and so far have been unsuccessful getting Wordpress to run my new blog.  I have activated my mySQL and CGI settings within Plus.Net and used the corresponding settings but via the 5 minute install method I just get the install.php file opening in Dreamweaver, it won't run.
using the more advanced CGI method when I type in "telnet cshell.plus.net", I get a connecting to cshell.plus.net message followed by an error stating 'could not open connection to host, on port 23: connect failed'
I don't know what else to do!  Cry
Is there a problem with Plus.Net stopping me doing this????Huh
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Installing Wordpress

Unfortunately shell access (hence telnet access) to the CCGI server was disabled on 17/08/2009 due to a security issue (link). You can access CCGI only via FTP (to upload files and make PHP files executable), and a browser to execute the PHP install script.
David
Gabe
Grafter

Re: Installing Wordpress

Hi pdidster,
If you follow the 5-minute-install instructions, but, after uploading the wordpress folder to your ccgi space, you set permissions using this script , it should work. I did a test install of Wordpress when I posted the script. (I don't actually use Wordpress.)
On the other hand, although work on the new ccgi platform seems to have stalled while Plusnet went squirrel-trapped-in-pedal-bin over other issues, it shouldn't be long before it goes live. Then we all up sticks to that.
Gabe