Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SMF Mods

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Installing SMF Mods

Hi All
I am Getting Errors wen trying to install SMF Mods, wen I try installing Aeva (YouTube/video/audio auto-embedder) I get:
FTP Information Required
Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.
550 http://dyslexia.plushost.co.uk/forum: No such file or directory
See screen shot
6 REPLIES 6
gordo
Grafter

Re: Installing SMF Mods

I have just checked all the files via FTP and they are all correct in their chmod settings  (775)  which are writeable by you the owner.  I honestly haven't a clue It installed all ok yesterday evertually the problem I had was related to the dumping of your old database. 
As I said I haven't got a clue and have never come across this error before, I spent several hours installing the forum for you,  I think you will have to search around on the SMF community boards. 
If I get some time I will have a nose for you
gordo
Grafter

I just checked your forum error logs and I am not sure but I think this may have a bearing.
SAFE MODE Restriction in effect
gordo
Grafter

I found another few minutes to have another look around.  and installed the mod for you.
if that screen comes up again  for the path  Just have : httpdocs/forum
and that should work
thanks would be nice .. thats about 4 hours I have put in on your forum  deserves a thanks at least
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: gordo
deserves a thanks at least

As I sed in the PM to you I owe you a drink or 4.  Many thanks for all your hard work.
gordo
Grafter

I'll take the 4  hahahaha.    thats OK  thanks is more than enough.  is everything working well ?
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: gordo
is everything working well ?

Yep, but I am missing a member = you.  Smiley  Wink