cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Included .co.uk?

dragon2611
Grafter

Included .co.uk?

Am I right in thinking the business broadband includes the registration of 2 .co.uk domains in the price?
In which case does the plusnet control panel allow delegation to external nameservers as I'd want to use my own hosting.
7 REPLIES 7
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Included .co.uk?

No, unfortunately the name servers would need to stay with us. It's a limitation of our domain control system.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

dragon2611
Grafter

Oh well,
Can't think of any .co.uk's worth registering at the moment anyway and I'd not want to move my existing domain.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

dragon if you want to register your own domain use 123-reg and then assign the nameservers to afraid.org (you'll need to sign up).They give you very extensive control over your DNS meaning you can change A records (IP address of your server) in a flash rather than changing nameservers again etc.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
dragon2611
Grafter

I actually have my own nameserver  Wink
I used to have 3 hosted on completely different networks, but it worked out cheaper/easier to outsource the redundant servers to a DNS hosting provider.
That said It depends what the domain is pointing at as to if I bother to use Redundant nameservers or point the domain at the same physical box for both primary and secondary DNS.
For my domains that I use email on then it absolutely makes sense to have multiple name servers to avoid losing email if the primary goes down but for some of my others they could fall off the internet for a week or more and it would be no great loss.
Edit:
I was only asking about the domains on the off chance I wanted another .co.uk, I'd normally use someone else to register my domains but I think I get 2 included with the broadband.
avatastic
Grafter

I use a mix of hexonet (because they're the only .co.uk registrar I've found that will let me set IPv6 glue) and Fasthosts (can't remember why, but I fell out with 123-reg for some reason, possibly because they didn't let me assign more than 2 DNS servers per domain).
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Gabe
Grafter

Quote from: avatastic
hexonet (because they're the only .co.uk registrar I've found that will let me set IPv6 glue)

See also Mythic Beasts.
Gabe
dragon2611
Grafter

Quote from: Gabe
See also Mythic Beasts.
Gabe

Ha yes wouldn't have minded their domain myself  Tongue