cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to get a static IP - but the static IP page on the site seems a bit flakey

marcssymonds

I would like to get a static IP - but the static IP page on the site seems a bit flakey

I requested a static IP address. After my broadband was activated on Friday, I wend to the Add-Ons page, and tried to activate it, but it wouldn't work.

I called PN yesterday, and the person I spoke also tried to activate it, but was unable to do so. They said they would look in to the issue and get back to me, but so far they haven't.

I looked at the Add-Ons page this morning, and it said I was still using a dynamic IP, and the "Active" button was missing.

I just came back to the Add-Ons page, and the static IP option is missing altogether - just has some Norton thing.

Any chance I can get a static IP?

Ta.

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 278

Re: I would like to get a static IP - but the static IP page on the site seems a bit flakey

This needs Help Team assistance - which you probably won't get until tomorrow.

John
marcssymonds

Re: I would like to get a static IP - but the static IP page on the site seems a bit flakey

Weird update: In Chrome, it only shows the Norton thing:-

Image1.jpg

But in Edge it also shows the Static IP option:-

Image2.jpg

jab1
Legend

Can't comment on that as I'm no longer a PN customer, but have you tried rebooting the router? Not saying it will work, but it is worth a try.

John
marcssymonds

Thanks. I had tried that. But I have discovered that the Add On link in Chrome is https://www.plus.net/member-centre/add-ons, whereas the Add On link in Edge is https://www.plus.net/AddOns.html.

Kinda werird.

jab1
Legend

That is weird - and I can't explain it, the browser in use should not affect the site. Looks like you'll have to wait for the Help Team tomorrow to fix your issue.

John