cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wanted to raise a Support Question/Ticket but you won't let me ...

kaspencer
Rising Star

I wanted to raise a Support Question/Ticket but you won't let me ...

Although the heading "Ask a Question" appears in the "Your previous Questions" area, there is no means of doing so. Please re-instate this facility forthwith.

After all these years, perhaps PlusNet is tiring of user contact.

However, I am concerned because in my Web Log Stats for the 1st May for my site http://atworth.org.uk I noted this line:

60.251.77.228 - - [01/May/2017:23:38:20 +0100] "GET /?redirect:$%7B%23matt%3d%20%23context.get('com.opensymphony.xwork2.dispatcher.HttpServletResponse'),%23matt.setContentType('text/plain'),%23matt.getWriter().println%20('successsuccess'),%23matt.getWriter().flush(),%23matt.getWriter().close()%7D HTTP/1.1" 200 3146 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.84 Safari/535.11 SE 2.X MetaSr 1.0" www.atworth.org.uk

As I am quite unsure of what this code is trying to do or has done, if I found such a line in the log statistics of one of my locally-hosted sites I would block that address from further access. However I don't think I can block IP addresses on hosted sites with PlusNet. so could you please investigate and advise me accordingly.

Thankyou

Kenneth Spencer

5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: I wanted to raise a Support Question/Ticket but you won't let me ...

kaspencer
Rising Star

Thanks for that, Jim. That page most definitely came up differently when I was trying to raise a ticket!

Best wishes,

Ken

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

ask.PNG

Ability to raise removed some years ago, but PN website needs updating to reflect that;

"Ask a question" needs removing.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@Gel, there are some things that you can still raise a ticket for, easpecially on business accounts.  I raised one just yesterday.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kaspencer
Rising Star

Interesting, because what I saw when I first went to post my question was just as Gel illustrated - no opportunity to create a new question. Yet, using Jim's url that option is there. I think that somehow the question wizard is now bypassed unless you go there directly.

But let's NOT remove the "Ask a Question" - instead let's amend the page to permit questions from that location.

All very peculiar!