cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've lost my website and all its files

terrybraverman
Grafter

I've lost my website and all its files

I have a website with free-online  www.terrybraverman.co.uk        or       www.terrybraverman.freeonline.co.uk

which goes back several years.

I decided to update it but no longer have the files on my computer.

I thought everything would be stored on something like homepages.freeonline.net    but I cannot find anything.

Please could somebody help me to restore my website?

3 REPLIES 3
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: I've lost my website and all its files

@terrybraverman wrote:

I have a website with free-online  www.terrybraverman.co.uk        or       www.terrybraverman.freeonline.co.uk

which goes back several years.

I decided to update it but no longer have the files on my computer.

Hi @terrybraverman , welcome to the forums.

Just checked your links - the site is visible at the first link but not the second - looked at the source code and the link should be http://www.terrybraverman.free-online.co.uk/ (added hyphen between free + online) which works.

You should be able to download a copy of all pages of your site, by FTP, using your username and password to access - I don't know the FTP address for free-online but the PlusNet equivalent (for PN-hosted sites) is ftp.plus.net  .

There are several free FTP packages if you don't have one on your PC already, eg Filezilla https://filezilla-project.org/ or similar.

Hope this helps Smiley

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

FTP address is ftp.free-online.net.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The FTP host for Free Online sites is ftp.free-online.net.

You would need to login to your 123-reg control panel for management.of your domain.

David