cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need 2 websites using my webspace. How?

fulbourn
Grafter

I need 2 websites using my webspace. How?

How do I create a second website using my webspace, please?
I've asked Support - who say I can do this - but they don't explain this in a way I understand.
I will supply any necessary details if somebody can help but am unsure what details are required!
I have a School Club and a Running Club and have files to upload to each Club.
At the moment, I can have one or the other by erasing the files of one and replacing with files from the other.
How do I upload both sets of files to two different sites within my webspace, please?
3 REPLIES 3
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: I need 2 websites using my webspace. How?

As I understand it, you make two folders in you htdocs folder.... make one "school club" and the other one "running club"..... then you point your urls to whichever on your webspace page
Someone will come up with a "noddy`s guide" if you hang around long enough! !
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Not a lot to add. As shutter says create two directories in htdocs, then from https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=domainv2&?membermenu=domainnames configure each domain to piont to the correct folder in the Domain hosting settings section.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
samuria
Grafter

You dont actually say if you have bought a domain name or not. If you have bought 2 domains then yes the above post is correct you just point the names as each folder.
If you have bought one domain name then you still have 2 sites if you point the one domain to a folder off htdocs and then put the files for the other site in htdocs were you have a site www.fulbourn.plus.com.
If you havent bought any domains then you can have www.fulbourn.plus.com which is htdocs and if you make a directory off htdocs you will then have www.fulbourn.plus.com/runner ; or whatever the directory is you made. You just put a index.htm file in the directory along with the files for the runner site. You could create a dir school and you would then get www.fulbourn.plus.com/school