Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I might be leaving..

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

I might be leaving..

..and going back to my previous ISP. IDNet have revamped their prices and I can now get unlimited 80/20 including phone for £41.40 a month. That's only £5 more than PN and Pulse 8 for phone.

PN's service has been good but I was alays sad to leave IDNet (they didn't offer unlimited back then) and of course they've been running dual stack IPv6/v4 for several years now.

4 REPLIES 4
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: I might be leaving..

That really would be a shame. If you were to leave, I hope that you stick around in the forums. Let us know if there's anything we can do on our side.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Andrue
Pro

Yeah it's not a done deal yet. The geek in me is suggesting I go for it and use it as an excuse to replace my ageing HG612 and Billion 6300. Buying shiny stuff is fun!

But the sensible part of me is saying IPv6 is still of little to no real value to me. It wants to know why I should pay money to replace working kit and is pointing out that I will have to change my domain records. Last time it took several days to get an IPv6 SPF record sorted out.

So I dunno. What would really help is if now that BT have got their IPv6 roll-out complete they can send some staff PN's way and get a roll-out going here.

That way I can still buy the shiny stuff but I can blame it on PN Grin

Andrue
Pro

Meh, looks like you're going to be stuck with me a bit longer. I started to go through their sign-up process and discovered they were being a bit sneaky. The headline figure they quote initially is for the bottom 40/2 service. When I chose the 80/20 service the whole thing would've cost me nearly 50% more than what I currently pay.

No way is IPv6 worth an extra £12pcm. It's not really worth £5pcm.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sounds odd - glad you're sticking around a bit longer though. Smiley

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet