Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 1 and Plex

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hub 1 and Plex

I recently changed from my BT Openreach Hub to Hub 1. I have a storage drive via USB on my computer with Video's on, prior to the change I could watch these on my TV using Plex however since change I am unable to find them on my TV. The TV keeps popping up with unable to connect to DLNA server. Not changed any paths only the Hub, has anyone any suggestion please.

5 REPLIES 5
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Hub 1 and Plex

Just to make sure I am understand your setup correctly you have something like this

Hub one with computer attached, the computer runs PlexMediaServer(I assume windows?) and the files plex is using are saved on a USB that is plugged into this PC.

You have a TV, which can stream media over the network using DLNA  also connect to the router

Do you have any other computers available for some testing, my initial thinking is the PC's IP is different and either plex is listening incorrectly or the TV is trying to find a known DLNA server on a different IP Smiley 

mort7890
Pro

Hi Darkfire

Assumption correct. All worked on the roku box, then changed TV prior to Christmas and videos worked fine. Had and still have problems with the BTSpeedtester but that is not affecting connections.Problem started as soon as I switched from BTOpenworld Hub to your Hub (this was to try to find correct speed) some where along the line the storage changed and all that appears is the media server and unable to connect to the DLNA server. tried some changes in plex, also removed plex and re-installed (numerous times) and still get the same issue. The TV has its own IP address on the network that all other attachments are on. I do note that the TV also tries to pick up a media server which is windows not plex. Sorry if this makes you confused but I am really struggling with this one.

mort7890
Pro

Just downloaded the plex app on my note and found all the films through it.

mort7890
Pro

Also do not know or understand what I have done but all appears to be working fine, sorry to have been a trouble to anyone.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Sorry for not getting back to you much sooner than this, unfortunately I've not had access to the forums the past few days.

Glad all is working, sounds like a device was keeping a network location stored rather than scanning the network for new DLNA servers, let me know if you get any further problems Smiley