cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to power my Raspberry Pi through router.

FIXED
ThatDevAaron

How to power my Raspberry Pi through router.

So my end goal is to power my RPi through my plusnet hub, this way I can connect to it when needed etc.

Raspberry Pi Zero.

What I am currently trying:

Plugging in the USB into the back of the hub where the USB slot is; this is not working.

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: How to power my Raspberry Pi through router.

I'd be fairly sure that the USB port on the router won't supply enough power for the RPi.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ThatDevAaron

That was one of my assumptions, do you know if there is any problem with the following adapter https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1420579 connecting to the plusnet hub? When I try to connect via this it does not connect to the hub but when I try to connect to my mobile hotspot that works perfectly fine.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Fix

That adapter ought to connect fine to the PN Hub. If it's a Hub one then try splitting the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands by giving the 5ghz one a different SSID. That adapter isn't 5ghz capable and sometimes having both on the same SSID can confuse some adapters.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.