cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete my webpage

amcbride
Grafter

How to delete my webpage

Made my webpage on plusnet years ago no longer want in online so how can I delete it ?
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: How to delete my webpage

The quickest way would be to log into your webspace via our FTP server and either delete the files for the site or perhaps upload a landing page instead if that's what you'd prefer.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
amcbride
Grafter

Thanks Adam for the reply. When I get to the FTP server (think I have got there) I get to this
Index of ftp://ftp.plus.net/../../
Up to higher level directory

Name
  Size
  Last Modified

htdocs
But I can`t see a way of deleting these. Am I at the right place been years since I set it all up so rather rusty.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The ftp address is ftp://username@ftp.plus.net and you should delete all files in the htdocs directory
amcbride
Grafter

I`m going to ftp://usename@ftp.plus.net (replacing username with my username and I input my password ok) The htdocs show and I can see the various pages but can not find a way of deleting any of the pages. I have tried right click to look for delete options, tried pressing delete key but pages do not delete.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

What sort of client are you using to access the server?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
amcbride
Grafter

I am officially an idiot! I was not using a client to access the site. I have downloaded cuteftp and managed to delete the website. Thanks for your help.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, glad that's sorted. I'm guessing you were trying to do that via internet explorer...
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team