cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create website

thearch

How to create website

Ive just signed up for Plusnet business broadband.  I get free webspace with it and Im wanting to create a very simple and basic website to create a presence for my company.  however Im really struggling to understand how I can do this simply.  Im not a 'techie' person so Im not able to create code etc for it.  Ive looked at other web building sites but they seem to want to host it for me too, which I dont want.  does anyone know if Plusnet have a simple step by step programme etc that would help me create this using templates etc?
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: How to create website

You could take a look at the Community Support Library article 6 Steps to Website Success.
This suggests using Nvu for code development, but that is now defunct. Development of one of its branches, Kompozer, has stalled. However using a second branch BlueGriffon (http://bluegriffon.org/) is a viable.option.
Note that on basic Plusnet webspace you don't have access to dynamic content needing CGI and MySQL.
David
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PlusNet don't have web building tools, a long time a go thay did what did have web site templates.
To upload to your site on PlusNet see: Hosting
To build a website use something like: Microsoft FrontPage or Dreamweaver or Visual Site Designer
Hope that helps
TORPC
Grafter

MS frontpage is the worst one to use tbh
If you want to learn the best way then w3schools.com is a great starting place
If you are after a W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G (What you see is what you get) the Dreamweaver or VSD as mentioned above
There are some free wysiwyg programs that even offer FTP to upload to your hosted space
The free FileZilla is a great FTP client for such a purpose as it caters for most platforms like Windows / Mac O/S / Linux etc
I prefer a free program called Brackets for coding websites, although Windows notepad is the preferred choice for many starting out
https://thimble.webmaker.org/ is an online "Make and publish your own web page." free & you can see it as you code it, it even gives you hints