cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup a wordpress site?

golfy

How to backup a wordpress site?

Having just got Wordpress working again, my next problem is how to backup the whole shabang - wordpress, SQL, .php's... i.e. everything so I can restore it if it all gets wiped out or something!
I've looked through the posts & everything seems horribly complicated!
I've ftp'd everything to a local backup, but what else do I need to do to create something from which to restore the whole thing if necessary???
(Sorry, I'm very new to all this!)
3 REPLIES 3
Cign
Grafter

Re: How to backup a wordpress site?

There are several plugins for Wordpress that will do the job and make a backup of the mySQL database and download it to you, some plugins will send the backup as a scheduled e-mail attachment. In addition it is worthwhile making a copy of the wp-content folder to your local machine which will safeguard your theme and any uploaded media.
Cheers
John
golfy

Thanks for that - I'm still very new to all this so is there a script you can recommend?
I'm looking for the simplest, most foolproof thing I can find just to make sure we have a backup  - not bothered about fancy emailing etc
Is there an 'idiot proof' script with instructions anywhere that we know will work on Plusnet?Huh
Cign
Grafter

Golfy
This should help you with some Wordpress basic backup methods http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups
heers
John