cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How on earth are we meant to cancel the BT Sport App?

Brim1863

How on earth are we meant to cancel the BT Sport App?

I've tried:

Email with no response.

Live chat is constantly down.

Telephone calls go straight to message.

Online has no cancel option.

Twitter DM's are ignored.

What do I do? I shouldn't have to cancel my Plusnet direct debit to get a response.

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: How on earth are we meant to cancel the BT Sport App?

@Brim1863 

Cancelling this service requires manual intervention, which currently is a problem. Cancelling a direct debit will result in an automatic response, that is, your phone and broadband cut off and debit collector threatened/actioned plus a black mark on your credit hisory. This will not be a problem for Plusnet as systems are in place that require no human intervention. Re-establishing your connection after you sort out the mess that you have caused will most likely require manual intervention, which brings us back to the current delays.

You could wait and see if a Plusnet staffer comes along and raises a ticket for you. Alternatively you could try writing a letter and send it to Plusnet by snail mail, keep evidence of posting if you can get one at the minute. At least then you will have evidence that you have cancelled this service, be it that you may have to fight for a refund in the future.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: How on earth are we meant to cancel the BT Sport App?

Thanks for your post @Brim1863

I'm sorry for the issues you're having in contacting us.

We’re looking at what we can do for our BT Sport customers and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet