cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to update IPS tag for domain?

FIXED
hlarnach

How long to update IPS tag for domain?

Could anyone advise how long it takes from request in the control panel to see a requested IPS tag change? Is this an automatic process or a manual process - e.g. will it be done over the weekend or will I need to wait until Monday? 

I have also updated the domain name servers to point to new hosting - I didn't realise that the old name servers would start to fail before the new name servers were in place. So currently the domain is completely unavailable. 

Thanks in advance for any information.

2 REPLIES 2
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: How long to update IPS tag for domain?

Fix
Hey there. I believe it's a manual process that takes about 24 hours, however it can take some time for the correct department to pick up the ticket. If you PM me your ticket number or username I'll be happy to give them a nudge for you.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
hlarnach

Re: How long to update IPS tag for domain?

For the benefit of anyone stumbling across this in the future - this is a manual process so don't do it on a Friday! Once the tag is updated, the transfer of the domain is straightforward. But best to do this well in advance of any domain expiry so that there is time for the updates and then the propagation of the new name servers around the internet. You can check the current status of the tag by using the Whois lookup at http://www.nominet.uk/whois/

Best wishes to all.