cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to transfer domain? My website's down and no email!

snj
Grafter

How long to transfer domain? My website's down and no email!

Hi, I spent most of yesterday afternoon carefully transferring a domain over to Plusnet.  Everything went well until it came to ask Plusnet to add my domain to their DNS servers (I'm only tranferring the hosting, the registration is elsewhere).
I changed the nameservers with the registrar and checked that a whois lookup showed the new force9 nameservers, so I logged a question with Plusnet only to be told that I the nameservers hadn't been changed.  Well they had, and they still are showing force9, and my domain is yet to be added to the account.
In the meantime, I have no website and all my email for that domain is being rejected.  Can someone please help?  The ticket is 23073390.
Thanks for any help.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: How long to transfer domain? My website's down and no email!

I'll go have a look now, once the domain is transferred into our system it can still take 24 hours before this becomes fully functional due to the time taken for DNS updates.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
snj
Grafter

Super, thanks very much.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've replied to your ticket and asked my colleague to answer your other ticket too as he couldn't find the domain name originally.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MrToast
Grafter

I've had a similar issue in the past.
What would help is if the PN staff used the same who is lookup tool as they recommend on the help pages. Then we are all looking at the same data (which may update at different times).
Can this be arranged?