cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How full is my webspace?

sydh
Dabbler

How full is my webspace?

What provision is available for measuring the fullness of one's web-space?
The ideal would be the equivalent of the TreeSize utility.
8 REPLIES 8
glyndev
Grafter

Re: How full is my webspace?

In the "My Account" section of the left hand menu select "Website Settings" then select "My Webspace".
This will tell you how much webspace you have available in total, how much you have used and how much is still free.
Unfortunately this only shows how much space has been used on the "homepages" server and does NOT include data for the ccgi or frontpage servers.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

For your homepages (www) webspace you can find out how much you are using on the member centre page under website settings -> my webspace. Note: this is not a realtime figure, it s updated once per day overnight.
For ccgi, logon to your cshell prompt and enter du -sh
There is no way to find out what frontpage webspace you are using.
The total for all webspaces should not exceed your products webspace allowance.
thejudge
Rising Star

This is something I was going to ask: how accurate is the figure cited in "My Webspace"?
According to that, I've used 200MB of my free space. Yet the base version of my sites which I keep on my HDD shows less than 160MB the lot.
I know there are the log files on the server, but they amount to a few KB.
So what's using the difference?
thejudge
Rising Star

(Follow-up to self)
I raised a ticket about this and got the following:
The script which updates the stats for the Portal is currently off due to some system issues.
This is likely to be offline for the next 7 days, please accept our apologies .

I'd have expected an announcement about it in Service Status if it's a general issue, but never mind... Cool
pcoventry
Grafter

Morning,
I am pretty sure it was me who responded to your ticket as the figure you quoted is familiar to me. Although i did also have a conversation with someone about the very same thing, it might well have been you.
thejudge
Rising Star

Evening Pete.
Yes, it was me.
I'm leaving the ticket open until the weekend to see if the script gets re-implemented.
pcoventry
Grafter

Ah, nice to see you on the forums.
No problem.
thejudge
Rising Star

Well, I don't know what's happening, but I left it until Friday night. No change, so I uploaded a small file to the server, left it there for 24 hours and then deleted it to see if that would jog it.
No joy. It still says 200MB instead of about 150MB. I've updated the ticket, so it's a case of wait and see. Huh