cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the Plusnet Caching Nework actually work?

FIXED
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: How does the Plusnet Caching Nework actually work?

So if you are not collecting our detailed browsing/viewing habits, why do you show this?

privacy.png

I've submitted a GDPR request as I'd like to know what information you hold about my web browsing and in particular what is meant by the "types of website" I use. I appreciate that our government insists Plusnet should hold a vast cache of my browsing history - but it doesn't insist that you can monetise that history.

To date I've received no acknowledgement of my request.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, interesting, very interesting.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@VileReynard wrote:

I've submitted a GDPR request as I'd like to know what information you hold about my web browsing and in particular what is meant by the "types of website" I use. I appreciate that our government insists Plusnet should hold a vast cache of my browsing history - but it doesn't insist that you can monetise that history.

If you've submitted a request you should hear in due course, unfortunately I will not be able to assist with it. If you drop me a PM with your username then I can check that the request has been received and poke the relevant people but that's all Smiley 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Thanks @JonoH - "...I've given this a nudge and hopefully you'll be hearing from them soon..."

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

(Just doing some housekeeping and thus marked Jono's reply as the solution - plus can't see us getting any more info - happy for the discussion to continue :))