cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I upload 2 websites for 2 different domain names on same account

ptravers

How do I upload 2 websites for 2 different domain names on same account

Hi
We have a business account with Plusnet which hosts one website. We are now transferring both our business domain names to this one Plusnet account.
On this one account, we will need to host 2 different websites under 2 different domain names, each domain name to have their own info@............ email addresses.
Plusnet Customer Servives have said this can be done no problem but need to ask on the forum as to how to do it.
I am not a website geek so easy plain speaking asnwers will be appreciated. I have uploaded current website onto our Plusnet account ok - how do I upload 2 to the same account and set up 2 seperate email accounts both showing info@.....?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: How do I upload 2 websites for 2 different domain names on same account

For the website, if it is just using static pages, you create two folders inside htdocs, one for each website and then in your http://=https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=domainv2&?membermenu=domainnamesdomain settings for each domain configure the directory in the domain hosting settings section.
The email you can't split all the mail will arrive in the same mailbox(s) depending on the prefix, so mail for info@youraccountname.plus.com, info@domain1 and info@domain2 will all go in to the info mailbox.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ptravers

Re: How do I upload 2 websites for 2 different domain names on same account

Many thanks, much appreciated.