cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I manage a legacy freenetname/MadAsAFish domain?

sutherlandit

How do I manage a legacy freenetname/MadAsAFish domain?

Hi,

I have a domain name that is used for email forwarding to an old Freenetname email service which is now hosted with Plusnet but previously MadAsAFish.

I am still able to login to the MadAsAFish portal but no changes I make have any affect.

I suspect that this is now all managed through Plusnet but I don't recall receiving any information, also, the domain renewed last month but no money has been taken.

Any advise?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: How do I manage a legacy freenetname/MadAsAFish domain?

Hiya @sutherlanit, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate it. 

MAAF domains are renewed automatically and are free, is there something specific you are trying to manage? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
sutherlandit

Hi Sammy,

Thanks for your message.

I am looking to forward emails that come to this domain to another mailbox rather than the legacy freenetnames mailbox.

Many thanks.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it. 

There is no settings to manage these Domains I am afraid or redirect mail to another mailbox I am afraid. Please get back to me if you need any further help. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
sutherlandit

Hi Sammy,

In that case am I able to transfer the domain name to another provider?

Thanks

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

It should be feasible to manage mail forwarding for a Madasafish-hosted domain via the Madasafish website (login, click 'Internet' across the horizontal navigation menu at the top of the page).

By default, mail will route to the underlying Freenetname mailbox, however if you click on 'Manage your additional mailboxes' you can create specific addresses and then forward them to an external address of your choosing.

The drop-down towards the top, then allows you to designate one of these forwarded mailboxes as the default 'catch-all' destination.

If this isn't working then something is broken.

To transfer your domain elsewhere, you would need to contact supporrt and request that they change the IPS Tag of the domain to the one used by the domain registrar you're wanting to transfer to.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sutherlandit

Thanks Bob.

I have already made the change on the MadAsAFish portal (forward to another email address) but this change hasn't done anything. Emails to the domain name still go into the freenetname mailbox.

Thanks.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I've just created a forward on a Madasafish domain name I have access to via the website and a test email is forwarding as I would expect so it all seems to be working for me.

What are you trying to achieve and what exact steps are you taking to do so? Try to avoid posting any real email addresses in reply (unless you wan tto message me privately).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sutherlandit

Thanks Bob - PM sent.