cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I access my CGI Photoblog from my WWW domain?

Slapdash

How can I access my CGI Photoblog from my WWW domain?

Hi,
I have just created a photoblog on the CGI Server using a pixelpost template. I will also want to create a seperate one for my wife shortly.
My first blog is currently accessed by http://ccgi.myuser.plus.com/pixelpost. ; How can I arrange it that it can be accessed directly from my www domain eg by typing in www.myuser.plus.com? ( I don't currently use my www.myuser.plus.com space for anything).
Also I note that although I have uploaded around 10 test pictures + php files (to the CGI Server), my Webspace in my account (the WWW.) still register 0% used?
Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: How can I access my CGI Photoblog from my WWW domain?

You cannot point your www.username.plus.com to your ccgi webspace. Your only option is to either register a domain name and use than pointed to yor ccgi webspace or create a page on your www webspace and use a frame to show your ccgi webpage in.
Note: you cannot access any files on your ccgi webspace from yur www webspace and vice-versa because tey are on separate servers.
Your ccgi webspace is separate from your www webspace. There is no way to tell how much ccgi webspace you have used on the portal but at the cshell you can use the du -s command in the root folder.
Slapdash

Thanks for your reply.
I'm afraid I just feeling my way in the dark.y.
http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/14
says:
"Pointing your domain to the CGI server"
"This will allow you to point cgi.fa55.net to your space on the CGI server. This is often handy for people who like to use CGI / PHP / Perl features on their web sites....."

I assumed this meant that you could point to your ccgi.username.plus.com from www.username.plus.com (or www.username.co.uk if you have another domain name).
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

No, that refers to a domain that fa55 registered, fa55.net.
Your plusnet account does not actually have a domain but rather a sub-domain on the plus.com domain.
If you look at the domains section you will see there is nothing there to allow you to change the DNS for your account, only for any domains you have registered and are hosting.