cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hostopia - Nightmare - Simple Request Not Understood! Please Help, URGENT!

oakbydesign
Grafter

Hostopia - Nightmare - Simple Request Not Understood! Please Help, URGENT!

I have 3 domains hosted with PN.  All are pointing correctly to Hostopia servers.

2 of the domains are pointing to a /public folder and there is a .htaccess file pointing each domain to its own sub folder.

The latest domain, is pointing somewhere else and neither PN or Hostopia can help.

All I need is to have this 3rd domain pointing to the same /public folder ad the other 2.

If Bob Pullan is reading this, PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Richard

5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Hostopia - Nightmare - Simple Request Not Understood! Please Help, URGENT!

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the hassle Sad

Should be sorted now.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

oakbydesign
Grafter

Bob

2 things.  Firstly, when you get involved, things seem to work better and faster, thanks!

Secondly, I don't have to wait 24-72 hours for an answer as apposed to submitting a ticket.  Remind me to start any other queries on the forum!

Bob, I got your email reply; I understand I need to set up WP and I will be configuring the config.php file etc to launch the site.  Can you just explain what you mean and the consequences of your comment about:

"Our support staff appear to have inadvertently deleted the DNS records for your default CGI domain name (ccgi.digger.plus.com). I've fixed this but it will take 24 hours or so before it starts working again."

Finally, looking at the webspace and bandwidth, can you envisage any problems in hosting these domains on the server?

Thanks again.

Richard

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@oakbydesign wrote:

... Can you just explain what you mean and the consequences of your comment about:

"Our support staff appear to have inadvertently deleted the DNS records for your default CGI domain name (ccgi.digger.plus.com). I've fixed this but it will take 24 hours or so before it starts working again."

Having no DNS record means anyone trying to visit that address in a browser (or you with FTP) would be told the domain didn't exist. However this has no effect on the files on the server. Anyone accessing the webspace files using a domain address would not be affected.

After the entry was restored the reference to "24 hours before it starts working" probably should be qualified by "up to ..." and "everywhere". This is propagation time for the entry locally and around the world.

David
oakbydesign
Grafter

David

Thanks for the quick reply.

Could you have a look at a PM sent to you, thanks!

Richard

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Richard, I've got your PM. Unless you have a dump of your own I think it will be Monday before a fix is possible. I'll reply with background and more details.

Regard

David