Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting domain names

Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Hosting domain names

Quote from: suzyb
CS have changed the CGI service to basic for me but the guy said it would take 12 hours to take effect.  Is this just on the PN servers or the web in general.

PlusNet
Also can I get the default URL ccgi.username.plus.com to redirect or point to my domain.

You do it the other way round, you point your domain to ccgi.username.plus.net as the tutorial given earlier explains. In other words you point your domain at your plusnet CCGI webspace where ccgi.username.plus.com points to.
suzyb
Grafter

But can the site still be accessed by ccgi.username.plus.com.  Thats really why I'm asking, since some people have the ccgi url and I wouldn't want them to loose the site.
And I'm sorry to keep bugging people but...to confirm.
The way I read the help any mailboxes I create will work with either my username.plus.com address of the domain name.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Both your new domain (once hosting is sorted and DNS is setup using the tutorial given earlier) and ccgi.username.plus.net will point to the same webspace, your ccgi webspace.
PlusNet don't have separate domain mailboxes. Fred@domain.co.uk is the same as fred@username.plus.com i.e. a single mailbox.
suzyb
Grafter

Thanks for your help Peter.  Your a star.