Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting Ticket

TonyOCL
Grafter

Re: Hosting Ticket

Hi spraxyt,

" the approach here was common I'd expect to see many articles about it; and I don't. This makes me feel it's wrong."

I don't know what that means ;-(

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Tony,

Ahhh no problem, let me look into this further when I'm in the office tomorrow. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TonyOCL
Grafter

Hi folks,

I appreciate all your help but the site has now been down for a week.

Can we fix this tomorrow.

Please call me if you need any help testing.

Regards

Tony

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Morning Tony, I can confirm your domain is now on the CCGI platform and http://www.ocluk.com is now working. We can't point the domain to a sub-directory so I'd recommend moving the webspace files you want to be visible into the root folder.

Let me know if there are any issues. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TonyOCL
Grafter

Hi Gandalf,

I don't think this is correct as I have tried from another browser and my phone and it doesn't work.

Can you confirm when you go to www.ocluk.com or ocluk.com you see the last line of text ending with "(ccgi)" - if not then it is the OLD website and not the ccgi version.

Can someone call me regarding this as I rang firday and was told I would get a call back but didn't.

Regards

Tony

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Tony, now this is odd because the site again definitely opened following the work we carried out about half an hour ago, the domain address is just spinning now. Just to confirm you've not made any changes in the past 30 minutes?

I'm happy to call you back but I'm not confident this is something I personally can fix, I'm liaising with a colleague.

Also I'm afraid again we can't point a domain to a sub-directory, you'd have to move your files to the root folder, can you confirm you've done this? Apologies for the issues and hassle this causes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TonyOCL
Grafter

Hi Galdalf,

According to someone else we can point to a sub folder, but if its too difficult then I will just reinstall my site in the root /public folder.

I just need the repointing done so I can start the next steps.

I can confirm I haven't changed anything today on the ccgi platform.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Tony, I understand what you've said however Bob's advised it's not possible to point your domain to a sub-directory (and he knows quite a bit more about webspace than most of us here) edit - at least from our side.

While I can see your website doesn't open in Google Chrome, it is in fact opening fine in Firefox. 

Can you confirm which web browser you're using?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@TonyOCL, I've just checked this over - and as of this morning - the DNS records look to have been created correctly. Browsing looks OK from where I'm sat, however it can take 24 hours or so for the changes to fully propagate so I'd suggest waiting until tomorrow and shouting up if you've still problems then.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

TonyOCL
Grafter

Hi Bob,

Now that I believe we are pointing to ccgi, do you have any information on the apache mod rewrites?

Regards

Tony

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Here's potentially a good place to start.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

TonyOCL
Grafter

Hi folks,

Thanks to all the site is now moved and active.

I couldn't have done it without the help here.

For anyone reading this later and has the same problem - here is a catchup on what fixed the problem

1) I had a corrupt .htcacess file which was corrected

2) Plusnet took a few attempts at repointing my domain from webspace to ccgi.  alls good now
3) added tthe few lines which did the apache repointing to use a sub folder.

Again .. thanks all

Regards

Tony

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@TonyOCL Excellent! I'm glad to see you've got this all sorted now, and thanks for posting back. Thumbs_Up

Apologies for the repeated attempts it took us to point your domain to the CCGI platform though.

Let us know if you need any further help. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet