cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting Ticket

TonyOCL
Grafter

Hosting Ticket

I have raised a ticket on hosting where I want my currently hosted domain to be repointed from its currentl plusnet hosted to the plusnet ccgi hostsed.

ticket Number  198032713 

I have not got a reply on this for around a week.

Are the plusnet team on this forum too.

I am hoping this is just a DNS type change.

Regards

Tony

27 REPLIES 27
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Hosting Ticket

Hi @TonyOCL, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're still awaiting action on your domain request.
I've looked into this for you and made the necessary setting change our side which should take effect in the next 24 hours.
I've updated the ticket on your account confirming this which can be seen here.
By all means if there's anything we can help you with moving forwards then please don't hesitate tog et back in touch.

TonyOCL
Grafter

Hi Ben (I have just updated this on the ticket too),
www.ocluk.com is now failing. I was expecting when the repointing refreshed from the webspace to the ccgi.ocluk.plus.com that one would stop working and the other start - but its failing to resolve the DNS.
Can you look into this as the site is now down. I was expecting this to be repointed to ccgi.ocluk.plus.com/woolpack which seems to be working fine.
Regards
Tony

TedT
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Hi there, I can see your comments on the ticket and as such the team will review accordingly,

Unfortunately Ben has left for the day to give him the heads up but someone should reply direct.

Regards - Kev

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Kevin T
 Plusnet Help Team
TonyOCL
Grafter

Hi Kev,

Someone had replied to the ticked but forgot to clear cache or something else is worng as the site they seen was the old site.

if the last line is "Last modified: November 16, 2002" then its the old site.  If it is a wordpress screen then its the new site. if its 

"Last modified: November 16, 2002(ccgi)" then its repointed to ccgi but wrong folder - notice the (ccgi) and the end after 2002.

currently we only see the first.

Regards

Tony

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Your domain definitely isn't pointing to the CGI platform from where I'm sat. I'll try and take a look tomorrow, although worth noting it will point to the root directory (public) of your CGI space once sorted, not a sub directory. To sort the sub directory redirect, you're going to have to get your hands dirty with Apache mod rewrites.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Tony, I've been looking into this with a colleague and we've added A records to point your domain to the CGI platform.

If you log into the hosting control panel Here you should be able to choose which folder you want to point your domain at. If there's no option to do that, are you able to just move the files of your new site to the root folder?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I'm not sure what's been added but the dig request

dig www.ocluk.com any

returns the A record answer

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.ocluk.com.          14399   IN      A       81.174.232.153

Now a dig PTR request

dig -x 81.174.232.153

returns the answer

;; ANSWER SECTION:
153.232.174.81.in-addr.arpa. 21599 IN   PTR     ocluk.plus.com.

which associates this IP with the account domain. Something seems amiss though I'm not sure what. Cry

David
TonyOCL
Grafter

That IP address is one of the static ip addresses associated with my router here.  I have a few static ip addresses provided by plusnet.  But www.ocluk.com should be pointing to my space on ccgi.

How can we fix its asap?

Regards

Tony

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Tony, the work we carried out yesterday should've linked your webspace to the CGI platform. Have you tried going to the hosting control panel to choose the folder you want to point your domain at or move your files to the root folder?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TonyOCL
Grafter

but ocluk.com or www.ocluk.com is till not responding.  
if its poinging to ccgi then if no folder is mentioned I would expect it to use the root folder which would still show the old type site.

Can you suggest have I missed something?

Regards

Tony

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Tony, I'm not in the office this weekend to check our side, but when I went to www.ocluk.com an hour ago it definitely opened a website up. Have you made any changes since then?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If the approach here was common I'd expect to see many articles about it; and I don't. This makes me feel it's wrong.

David
TonyOCL
Grafter

As  www.ocluk.com was being pointed at my router i was going to try and setup a site there in gh mean time.

I failed and still see the site timing out.

What is the next step?

TonyOCL
Grafter

Hi Gandalf,

I don't know how to do this, but are we sure the ip address is pointing at the correct place?

Regards

Tony