Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosted Domain name pointed at my CCGI space

jamessealey
Grafter

Hosted Domain name pointed at my CCGI space

Morning Guys
I recently set up a basic, single page website on my plus net webspace and hosted a domain with plusnet to point to it.
However, with my ever present need to improve  Smiley I began remebering PHP again and have constructed a site on my CCGI space which contains alot more fucntionality.
My question is now, how to I configure my domain within plusnet to point to my ccgi webspace?
Also, before anyone mentions that CCGI may be binned off soon, I am aware of what is going on, however the need to get the finished site online is quite urgent, and giving that PlusNet don't seem to have confirmed the closure of CCGI and their final products to replace it, I am more than happy to cross that bridge when I get to it.
Thanks In Advance
James
4 REPLIES 4
fredor
Grafter

Re: Hosted Domain name pointed at my CCGI space

You can redirect your ftp web page to the ccgi platform using the following index.html.
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">
<html>
<head><title>YOUR SITE TITLE HERE</title>
</head>
<frameset cols="0,*">
<frame src="anchor.html" name="anchor" scrolling="no">
<frame src="YOUR SITE ADDRESS HERE" name="main">
</frameset>
<noframes>
<p>This website requires that your browser support frames.</p>
<p>The browser you are using is either unable to handle frames, or frames have been disabled.</p>
<p>To view this site please use a browser that supports frames.</p>
<p>Alternatively, you can view the contents of this site <a href="YOUR SITE ADDRESS HERE">here</a></p>
</html>

This is from the 'frontpage setup guide' but it will work for other ccgi components.
Fred
jamessealey
Grafter

So are we saying here that the only way i can get a domain hosted with PlusNet to point at my CCGI space is using a frame on my normal webspace?!?!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

You need to set up the following domain records via the portal.
www     CNAME     ccgi.plus.net.

- notice the trailing dot on the right-hand side.
yourdomainname.com.     A     84.92.1.4

- notice the trailing dot on the left-hand side this time.
You then need to raise a ticket requesting that we change the 'web service' on your domain to 'semi-auto' using our domain control system.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jamessealey
Grafter

Thanks Bob
I gave up last night after my post above and just raised a ticket anyway. It appears to have been actioned which is great, but have not received any updates to my ticket (ID: 28434881)
I guess I was just hoping that the PlusNet community, which in the past has proved infinitly helpful, would have the answer, but I guess if that was the case all of the time we would put you guys out of a job!!!
Thanks again!