cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Homepages] form mail problem

alistair000

[Homepages] form mail problem

I have set up my form as per the instructions on the support pages and the server is accepting the submissions from the form but i am not recieving an email with the completed form details when i fill it in. I have specified my f9 email address as the recipient. can anyone help please
alistair
5 REPLIES 5
samuria
Grafter

Re: form mail problem

If you can post the url so we can look at what you have done and check your code it would help.
First thing to check is your spam box on webmail you may well find the emails in there if thats were they are add NOT SPAM to your subject line on the form
RobDickson
Grafter

alistair000:
If it's the Matt's Script Archive form that you're using, it's an invitation for Spambots to harvest your e-mail address.
Creating a contact us form
samuria:
I must have misunderstood your reply. Surely adding "NOT SPAM" to the subject line of an e-mail doesn't stop the e-mail being treated as spam. If so, why don't all spammers try this technique?
Edit - I've just realised that you probably suggested that so that the subject line would stand out in the list of junk e-mail. Wouldn't a better option be to white-list the From: e-mail address?
samuria
Grafter

For some reason when we have had the replies from webform that has gone into the spam box putting not spam stops it going into spam. I have tested this many times and it works on +net spam filters. I assume this down to it working out were it comes from
RobDickson
Grafter

I do believe you, but it seems wrong to me. If it can work out where it came from, it shouldn't go into the spam folder in the first place.
samuria
Grafter

alistair000 has this issue now been resolved if not were are we up to?