Did you mean: 

Home Move Issues

FIXED
chri55chofield
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Home Move Issues

Hi all

I started the 'House Move' with Plusnet back on the 4th July, aiming to get an engineer into my new build home around the time we were due to complete (27th July).

The inital change seemed to go through ok, though I never received confirmation regards the engineer coming out to activate the line.

Anyway, today, I've been informed that the completion date is now likely to be around a week late so I TRY to call Plusnet, after a few transfers (and 45minutes on hold), started talking to someone who seemed really helpful but pointed out that the move of fibre hadnt actually gone through and noone at Plusnet had picked it up!!  So again, I was transferred, this time no joy....just holding again......so basically, the best part of 2 hours waiting with no resolution.

Add this to the numerous tweets = very unhappy...on a day that has already tested me to the hilt!

How can you 'do me proud' when you can't deal with 'taking the stress out of moving home'?

Any ideas how I can get this resolved without just cancelling?

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Home Move Issues

Thanks for your time on the phone @chri55chofield 

I'm sorry for the difficulties in contacting us and the long delay with your order we've caused.

As discussed I've now placed the order to provide you with a service as soon as we can after you've moved in and I'm taking this on personally moving forward so I'll call you back tomorrow with an update on the progress.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chri55chofield
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf 

Is there any word from Openreach about when they can complete the line installation?Huh

Thanks in advance

Chris

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Chris, just spotted this. I believe we've since spoke and one of my colleagues will be checking back tomorrow while I'm on annual leave. I'm happy to follow things up on 12/08 although I hope you're up and running by then!

Good luck with the packing and unpacking.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chri55chofield
Hooked

Fix

While this issue wasn't resolved to my liking, I cannot thank @Gandalf enough for his help!!