cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hit counter broken?

kdiment
Rising Star

Hit counter broken?

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed their counter of hits on their website stopped working a few days ago?
- Keith
6 REPLIES 6
sbedford

Re: Hit counter broken?

Hi Keith,
I can see why your counter is not working, the file that it writes the number to had the wrong permission on meaning that the web server could not update and increment the numbers, I have fixed this now and your counter should work as normal.
kdiment
Rising Star

Thanks for such a rapid fix, Simon. Might I have caused the problem? If so, what must I avoid doing again in future? (Or was it something that you would rather not admit to, so at leaast I know it wasn't my fault?)
  - Keith
angelab
Grafter

Oooh, wow, mine's not working either!
I wonder if it's for the same reason?
Angela

madasadave

Glad someone else has mentioned this. My hit counter is not working either and was ok a month or so ago and I have not altered anything.
My main broadband account is on totalise  (hit counter not working)  I have a couple of other accounts I use on  :
Ic24  (hit counter not working)  &
Madasafish  (hit counter working ok !) ( ok for some..)
I raised a ticket and was told that this feature was provided  "as is" and no direct support is available and told to come here (good advice) but they should not always assume that the user is at fault and needs support.
sbedford

Morning,
Can you give me the urls you are accessing for the working and non working counters and I will look into for you today.
madasadave

Simon, thanks for fixing the problem.
Regards
(not so) Madasadave (anymore)  Smiley  (for the moment) Roll_eyes