cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with websites

Th0rn0

Help with websites

HI all!
I have 2 websites (www.gameradiation.com and www.lanops.co.uk) but I have problems.
1. In Firefox I can do everything like login and see all images. Where as in IE I cannot see some images and I cannot login under the domain but if I go through ccgi.blah.plus.com/blah/blah/news.php I can login fine but some of the images are still missing on the game radiation site.
2. On both sites the file extensions are missing from the domain. For example www.lanops.co.uk should be www.lanops.co.uk/news.php but it doesnt show. But on my domain site (1 2 3 reg) the web forwarding is set up properly (framed).
Any help?
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Prod_Man
Grafter

Re: Help with websites

I am running IE7 here primarily, I also got Opera & Flock...
1)
I can see all the Images on IE7 that I also see on Opera & Flock (Mozilla Based).
2)
www.lanops.co.uk/ == www.lanops.co.uk/news.php (no difference in appearence this end)
So, No help as such because I can't see any errors that you're reporting Tongue
I don't disbelieve it though.
Jim,
Th0rn0

But the people on IE cannot log in to my site at all when they try through the domain on my gameradiaiton site.
And I want the extentions to show not to be hidden and be www.lanops.co.uk on every page
Prod_Man
Grafter

I've just registered on GamerRadiation,
as it is the only of the two that has a registration process.
Username 'j4m32',
Recieved the confirmation mail no problems,
and logged in with, no problems.
But, when I returned to the site in another window,
it hadn't saved my Login at all.
(Explained later, as I know roughly why)
You're possibly running the CMS(es) with the wrong base paths in places,
it's a little bit of a mish mash, but it can be sorted Smiley
The Conformation mail uses 'ccgi.x.plus.com',
perhapse where you setup e107 on ccgi.x.plus.com,
it has used that and written it to the Database, instead of the Domain Name you've registerd at a later date.
I think, (Can't remember) the link then directed me to the domain 'www.lanops.co.uk',
but it produced the page which would have been 'www.gamerradiation.com'
If both sites are useing the similar table names with the same prefixes,
then there is possiblly a clash somewhere in code/database which may not help.
Assuming its not that,
there is one thing that is missing from the 'Set-Cookie' Header on the HTTP Response when logging in.
which I have found recently with my own website, I had to add the Domain Parameter.
If you do not specify the Domain, it never reads the cookie.
So, I think that along the line somewhere,
the Login Code is missing the Domain Parameter,
which is also abit fuzzy with the entire registration system, bouncing between Domains.
Doesn't narrow alot down but hopefully helps to some degree Smiley
Good luck with fixing it,
need any further help/testing just shout.
You
Th0rn0

Where is this Domain Parameter?
Th0rn0

I seem to have sorted the login error. But the verifaction images still do not work. But in firefox they are fine. But even through the ccgi.blah.plus.com it still doesn't work.
Prod_Man
Grafter

Just for reference, it is all in the PHP Documentation.

bool setcookie ( string $name [, string $value [, int $expire [, string $path [, string $domain [, bool $secure [, bool $httponly ]]]]]] )

That's what I meant by the Domain Parameter as it is displayed in the HTTP Header Response aswell.

Server:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 23:55:35 GMT
Server: Apache 2.2.0
X-Powered-By: PHP 5
Set-Cookie: <name>=<value>; expires=<date>; path=<path>; domain=<domain>;
Connection: Keep-Alive
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: ...

As for Verification Images, I cannot see a Verification Code Box to enter nor any images anywhere obvious.
They doesn't appear to be any entry code-wise, so it's not a HTML Pre-processor related problem.
there are some random image lines which are fused to "blank.gif" for themeing/spacing and what not ( I assume )...
Jim,
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Quote from: Th0rn0
2. On both sites the file extensions are missing from the domain. For example www.lanops.co.uk should be www.lanops.co.uk/news.php but it doesnt show. But on my domain site (1 2 3 reg) the web forwarding is set up properly (framed).
Any help?
Thanks.

If you are using frames then the URL will never change. This is because the URL is related to the main 'wrapper' frame created by 123reg and within it is your website. Clicking a link within the frame does not change the URL of the 'wrapper' frame set with 123reg.
To get the actual pages to show in the URL, you must not use frames. You need to host the domain on your plusnet account. This will also stop all the links saying ccgi.username.plus.com, they will all be the domain name.
image display problem...
When viewing http://www.gameradiation.com/ on IE7, I am getting javascript errors which is probably what is stopping the images from showing. It sounds like you are using some javascript written for firefox which needs to check for the browser type and use suitable javascript for it. Check what browsers the javascript you are using is compatible with.