cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed to remove a users.globalnet.co.uk website from Internet Archive (archive.org)

BSDUKJ

Help needed to remove a users.globalnet.co.uk website from Internet Archive (archive.org)

I hope someone at Plusnet/Madasafish can help me.

Back in the 90s I made web pages for fun, however some of it included very personal data before I became cyber aware.

They were hosted on my Globalnet account ( http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~myusername). The account has long been terminated and the site removed however before it was deleted it was archived by the Internet Archive (archive.org).

The internet archive say to remove websites I need to insert a robots.txt file to the root of my domain, the robots.txt file should contain the following 

User-agent: ia_archiver
Disallow: /

I'm not sure if the root of the domain is users.globalnet.co.uk or globalnet.co.uk

Either way even if I still had the account I wouldn't have permission to place this file in the root.

Is there anyone that can help?

Kind Regards

Jonny

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Help needed to remove a users.globalnet.co.uk website from Internet Archive (archive.org)

Hi Jonny

If you can PM me the full website address I can see what I can do

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BSDUKJ

Re: Help needed to remove a users.globalnet.co.uk website from Internet Archive (archive.org)

Thanks Anoush, I've PM'd you.

Kind Regards

Jonny

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks Jonny. I think I may had misunderstood yesterday.

The website's long been deleted with us (it was so long ago we can't see the closed account) and we can't do anything to influence a third party website keeping an archive of the that site that was public.

It may be worth contacting archive.org directly from Here to request it's removed from their database.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet