cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help & Advice

gordo1952
Grafter

Help & Advice

I switched my sister over to plusnet from BT . later part of 2017.  she is 77 and very ill herself.  she had 24/7 live in carers for her bed ridden huddy.  They refused to come in at the beginning unless they had access to broadband.  For their own personal contact and to help with the patients needs.  Sadly my brother in Law (sister's huddy) passed away early AM on Christmas day.

The carers have shifted out within two days, lucky for her, one of the carers took a weeks holiday to spend with her for company, excellent man Helped him with a little spending money trying to reward.  

She is left with a very poor pension payment of under £80 p/w  I

The day of the funeral, her house got broke into, luckily and neighbour scared them off,    

MY problem for her is she is now paying for something she will never make use of IE the broadband,  she would not know one end of a computer from the other, and being honest she cannot see enough for that either. .  I took the phone with the package at switch over, which she has to keep no matter what.

Do you think Plusnet would help her out with dropping the broadband but keeping the phone.  I realise we would have to ring in , when she can find the paper work, it was strewn all over her living room, we just cleared it into bags after we took photos for the police.  I know she is in contract but hoping her circumstances are little of of the ordinary .  Honestly it is not a pack of lies I cn provide some evidence. 

If any staff would care to answer PM me I would be delighted to gain some advice and help 

4 REPLIES 4
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Help & Advice

Hi @gordo1952

Please accept my condolences for your loss, I'd like to look into this myself  and advise you on the best course of action if that's OK?. If you can PM me with the username of the account or any other information I can use to locate it i'd be happy to help.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
gordo1952
Grafter

Many thanks my friend 

I have popped a PM to you .. 

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @gordo1952

This should now be resolved. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
gordo1952
Grafter

Yes she just rang me to let me know,  she and myself are impressed with the speed in which this was concluded.

I know she is very very grateful  as am I 

thank you again