cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I used front page?

MrBreeze

Have I used front page?

lo,
sorry  Embarrassed  if this topic has been discussed elsewhere, but not had a chance to review topics before and may lose my website tomorrow (for what it's worth lol)?? Also, this is going to seem noobish to some.
Can anyone tell me please if Front Page was the service provided by Plusnet about 3 years ago, or more maybe  Undecided , for customers to create websites - it was a free service that gave you templates for a website, to build on?
I made use of this, I pay for the website name annually via plusnet (but have a nominet certificate?), but have never done anything with it (bar put a few links in it) and, I am a total website novice.
Am I not going to be able to use the url for my site or create something out of it in future (if i ever get the time)? Also, how do I get to the site - lost passwords/method  Roll_eyes
Thanks in advance  Undecided
7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Have I used front page?

If your website begins www. you are not affected. If it begins fp. you are going to lose it.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MrBreeze

thanks Jelv - guess i am ok then  Smiley
actually I can get to the site using both www. and fp.?Huh
wish i could remeber how to edit the damn thing lol - i will go to the plusnet help folks i think
pierre_pierre
Grafter

fp or ftp  did you see the service note posted tonight?  http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1256056078.htm, you should have had an e-mail if you used Front Page
and welcome to the Forum
MrBreeze

bonjour pierre_pierre and thank you for the welcome  Smiley
thanks also for the link to the article - but as posted before, i am really novice in terms of things web and fp or ftp makes no sense to me in terms of what differences lie therein  Embarrassed . i am happy to say that the www for my novice website works still so it looks like i was not affected by this front page shut down.  Huh
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

FrontPage has not been shut down yet! see can you post a link to your site then we can tell you if it is on FrontPage, or is on the Homepages server, you may be using frame web forwarding!
Quote from: MrBreeze
Can anyone tell me please if Front Page was the service provided by Plusnet about 3 years ago, or more maybe  , for customers to create websites

That was the web site wizard builder, it has been discontinued.
MrBreeze

thanks midnight caller. If the website wizard builder has been discontinued, then I guess I have no way of accessing the site to edit or start again?  Undecided  I have an old copy of front page that i never used, but now that wont work either. Is there a way I can get into the site (having forgotten my passwords setup with the wizard builder anyway)?
Can I PM the link to you rather than make it public - and I presume by link, you mean the www address?  Embarrassed
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What is being turned off is the frontpages server (URLs begin http://fp.xxxx). Frontpage can be used to edit websites hosted on the homepages (www) server - which means no Frontpage extensions.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)