Did you mean: 

HTTP 500 error when navigating to my ccgi (Hostopia) hosted WordPress blog

FIXED
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: HTTP 500 error when navigating to my ccgi (Hostopia) hosted WordPress blog

Sorry to hear you still haven't had a response.

I'm afraid there's not much we can do to escalate this at this point in the evening but we'll get you a update as soon as possible

Apologies for the continued inconvenience

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jws
Dabbler

Some additional information:

When this first happened, attempting to open Admin on my Wordpress site gave me the error:

"We were able to connect to the database server (which means your username and password is okay) but not able to select the db1_ccgijs2jsp442642 database."

but more recently I got a message that told me it could not connect to the database server.

I was one of the earlier users to be moved to the 'new' CGI hosting, and my database server was stated as an IP address which worked until it stopped working at the end of March:

Database server host:  91.136.1.206

So here is a possible scenario: The hosting service decided to decommission 91.136.1.206 and started by migrating (hopefully not deleting!) the databases on 91.136.1.206.  That's when I started getting the error message above.  And then they decommissioned 91.136.1.206 and that's when I started to get the error message that Wordpress could not connect to the server.

If this scenario is correct, then we need to find out where they migrated the databases to.  Certainly my database is not on the server sql5c51a.megasqlservers.eu, which is where my phpMyAdmin is pointing.

My friend whose website I support was moved to the 'new' CGI hosting about a year after I was, and has a different naming convention for their database.  Is it possible that the hosting service also renamed the migrated databases to the new naming convention?

In any case, if my database was actually migrated, then they also need to change my username information to point to the new server and possibly new database name.  I can't do that - it has to be done by the server admin.

Of course my scenario might be wrong, but I can't think of anything else other than wanton destruction.

It's a new week, so time for some action, PlusNet!

Thank you
John Stanley

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @jws,

Thank you for providing this additional information. Our hosting team are currently looking into this and I have passed this information on to assist with their investigation. You should receive an update within the next few days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
jtonline
Grafter

Please confirm that Plusnet have raised a ticket with Hostopia to get my database restored.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @jtonline,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us. I've reviewed your account today and I can see that a ticket has been raised to the relevant team to investigate this issue further. This ticket can be viewed here, though I would advise that commenting on the ticket may cause the ticket to be picked up later as it will be sent to the back of the ticket queue.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

It's clear something is amiss here given the number of people reporting problems. I have requested an incident is formally raised at our side (ref: IMT-3756), and I'm looking into it now...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jtonline
Grafter

@TheMightyAJ Thanks.  I know a ticket has been raised with a Plusnet team.  I need confirmation that the ticket has been read by that team, and that they have raised a ticket with Hostopia.  The longer Hostopia (your customer) are oblivious to the fact that there is an issue, I fear the less likely they will be able to resolve it satisfactorilly.

(I read in an unrelated Community topic, of a Plusnet customer who waited weeks only to be told that their support ticket had been raised with the wrong PlusNet team and so nothing had been done).

jtonline
Grafter

@bobpullen Thanks.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Fix

Hostopia are on the case.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

geehawk
Rising Star

My forum has popped back into life so hopefully Hostopia have sorted (are sorting) it. Can't tell if anything is missing, last post is 20th March which may be correct.

Vega
Rising Star

Same for me, on the surface everything seems ok 👍. Thanks @bobpullen 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @geehawk and @Vega,

Thank you for getting back in touch. I'm glad to hear that everything now looks to be ok. Please let us know if you experience any further problems.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
jtonline
Grafter

Yes, my site back up and running again too.  Thanks @bobpullen for your intervention.

First thing I'm going to do this evening after work is make a MySQL database backup.  Well, may be a stiff drink first Smiley 

jws
Dabbler

Yes, mine is back too.  Thank you all.