cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP -- javascript bafflement

Amarantos

HELP -- javascript bafflement

I make small items of copper jewelry which I offer for sale on the Etsy craft-brokering site, and I've been making a website (hosted by PlusNet) to use as a general showcase for the work I do.
The site is a very basic setup intended simply to show images, and provide a link to Etsy.  I've used a java script called expando.js that allows pictures to be shown small-scale, and expanded when the viewer rolls the mouse pointer over an image (which means I can pack more images onto the page).
Everything works fine when I view the page from the copy on my hard drive, but when viewed online (with any browser), the pics in the bottom row just show as placeholders, although all the others show and expand as they should do.  I've checked and scrutinised the source-coding & javascript, and can't see anything wrong.
Any help with this would be most appreciated.  The site was made using Komposer, and can be seen at the following URL;
http://www.parnassia.co.uk/
2 REPLIES 2
hadden
Grafter

Re: HELP -- javascript bafflement

I think you may find that the filenames on the server have a capital "F" in them, whereas the filenanames on the web page have a lowercase "f". Smiley
For example:
3_Fish_pendant_01.jpg and 3_fish_pendant_01.jpg
The webserver is case sensitive Wink
Amarantos

Re: HELP -- javascript bafflement

Quote from: JohnJ
I think you may find that the filenames on the server have a capital "F" in them, whereas the filenanames on the web page have a lowercase "f". Smiley
For example:
3_Fish_pendant_01.jpg and 3_fish_pendant_01.jpg
The webserver is case sensitive Wink

Yep, that fixed it -- many thanks!  I figured it was probably something fairly obvious that needed a fresh pair of eyes.  I'm usually on my guard for 'case-sensitive' issues, but missed that one. (and might I say thanks also for the quick response  Wink )