Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP from any staff on here

kenm
Grafter

HELP from any staff on here

Hi I have a Complaint/Question open  185700234 &  185700015

Problem started months ago with Mcafee cancelling on my billing date

leaving me unprotected,then later in the day I would receive loads of emails from P/Net saying I had requesting it to happen,

I have standard unlimited broadband package with Mcaffee included.

I have just received a reply to my Question telling me that Mcafee renews automatically each month, but then goes

on to tell me I have to uninstall and reinstall each month,  which I am having to do every month,

Why when  MCAFFEE RENEWS AUTOMATICALLY  ( it has done so till some months ago for at least the last 2years )

Kenm

17 REPLIES 17
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: HELP from any staff on here

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @kenm, thanks for your post.

To confirm, although you're getting a notification of expiration, does the software actually stop working, or are you seeing the notification and then uninstalling it manually?

kenm
Grafter

Yes it stops working and starts flashing red and telling me I am not protected ,this then goes to a Mcafee sign on page

which asks me to sign in with name & password or purchase another subscription.

Shortly after above my Windows 7 security kicks in telling me that " You do not have any Antivrus protection on this computer would you like to go online and download some ". Also starts up Windows Defender.

I cannot do anything with the Mcafee program until I phone in and have it removed / reinstalled by P/Net once email arrives saying that I can now download program. 

This has only been happening over the last 3 months prior to that it never uninstalled, never had to do anything with the program always updated ok, used it to clear out trash etc.

Kenm.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the detail.

I've raised this back to the appropriate team an e-mailed a colleague to investigate this further.

We'll update you as soon as we can, but please allow 3-5 working days.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kenm
Grafter

Thank You for reply

I will give it some time as suggested,

Will not know if it is Resolved until my next billing date 19/01 2019

Thanks Kenm.

kenm
Grafter

Hello, have just received a reply on my Q- 185700015 saying they cannot resolve the problem,

and want me to give permission for  Mcafee  to have my details and contact me.

I am not very happy about giving my details to a 3rd party ( MacAfee )

I have no dealings with Mcaffee , the software is part of my contract with PlusNet, its PlusNet who I contact

when its not working.

I should not be having to sort this out my self with Mcafee , I basically only have it because I am already paying for it, if you reduce my monthly charge by £2 or £3 I can then buy antivirus software elsewhere

I have been with PlusNet for quite a few years now but this last 12 months have been a nightmare trying to get problems sorted, loads of apologies and promises but no action.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WELCOME    Kenm.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately this can happen from time to time if the problem doesn't lie with our systems, but with McAfee.

They're our suppliers of Plusnet Protect in a similar way that Openreach are our suppliers of your broadband (Occasionally, Openreach contact our customers to resolve issues directly).

Regarding paying for the service we provide Plusnet Protect free of charge unless you're on the Unlimited Fibre product.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kenm
Grafter

I am very sorry to hear that also, another PlusNet cop-out, its nothing to do with us.!!!

I recently read the same attitude to Email, that it was only provided out of the goodness of plusnet's heart !!!

What do I actually pay for each month.

Some years back when I had a set usage I used to pay extra for Plusnet Protect, when I changed to unlimited I was

told it was now inclusive each month.

When plusnet protect packs up next billing date I will just remove it and find something else, I am fed up of spending hours on phone with no results. My contract ends in March 19 I can then phone in and get one of these super deals I keep seeing on the TV,  I hope the agent will tell me what is NOT included. ie:- Security, Email.

Thank You

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear you feel that way.

While we generally do provide Plusnet Protect free of charge as well as e-mail, we're happy to continue and investigate a problem to the best of our ability regardless. However, we don't have access to McAfee's systems, so we do need their assistance, but in order them to get them involved we need to pass your account details to them.

What you pay for each month would be for your broadband service.

Thanks.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kenm
Grafter

Blimey that was quick reply

Awhile back I gave PlusNet  password permission to do work on my account,

BIG MISTAKE they made such a mess couldn't access account or email for ages.

Had to come to this forum to get it sorted.

Luckily OskaPapa picked it up and followed it thru to completion and getting our account reinstated.

I am now vary wary of giving PlusNet any permissions.

Thank You Kenm.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

All we'd be sending over to McAfee in this instance is your account number (service ID), your name, your e-mail address and your contact number. Most of which we likely already have on record.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

This should be fixed now.

One of my colleagues I e-emailed last week has managed to sort this out without intervention from McAfee.

Hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kenm
Grafter

THANK YOU for reply

I await my next billing date 19th Jan 2019.

Kenm.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet