cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! PHPBB forum in CGI space possibly broken by password reset by support??

crazeeworld
Dabbler

HELP! PHPBB forum in CGI space possibly broken by password reset by support??

I asked for my CGI password to set up a second forum in my CGI space.
I have been given the original database password before, but lost it in a PC crash. I couldn't get it this time.
PlusNet reset the CGI password to enable the setting up of a second forum and now my first (rather busy) forum is dead.
When I go to http://ccgi.crazeeworld.plus.com/phpbb1/index.php - the message I get is:
"General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Access denied for user 'crazeeworld'@'212.159.7.202' (using password: YES) [1045]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists."
Is there a way to repair this forum or has it been killed?
It is on a ticket with support, but I'm checking with you lot too, as you've been very helpful before!
Many thanks for any suggestions to get it working again.
Ian
5 REPLIES 5
Gabe
Grafter

Re: HELP! PHPBB forum in CGI space possibly broken by password reset by support??

I think it would just be a case of editing config.php to replace the old password with the new.
Gabe
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: HELP! PHPBB forum in CGI space possibly broken by password reset by support??

... indeed, I think that should do it. Best make sure you save a copy of the current file before changing it, and make a note of the file permissions. Also make sure you download the current file and upload the changed one in ASCII mode, and use a plain text editor when changing it.
David
David
crazeeworld
Dabbler

Hi,
PN have admitted they have borked the forum and said they were unable to advise.
Thank God for you guys.  Smiley
I will have a go at this tonight and advise how i've done.
Many thanks.
Ian
crazeeworld
Dabbler

Hi guys,
Thanks for your help - it's back up and running.
Cheers all.
Ian
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Excellent  Smiley
David
David